Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Friday 20th Chat  (Read 2583 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Friday 20th Chat
« on: March 20, 2009, 07:55:35 AM »

Morning all,

Cold and grey here at the moment, might brighten up later...we hope!  What is everyone doing today, anything exciting  ;D  No I'm not either lol.

Have a good day everyone whatever you get up to.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: Friday 20th Chat
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 08:22:59 AM »

Good morning, Chrissie, and any of the assembled Kitizens who may pass by.... ;D

Tis lovely here again, blue skies, warm sun...........nature is going berserk again out there and everything is sprouting at top speed.

Going to have a lazy day today.

Have fun, and I hope all are fit and well.... :)

Have just had a quick hop round TD Towers Estate to find that overnight some **%^£"*** has been in and is away with most of my daffys..... >:(
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 09:33:57 AM by tuftedduck »

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 10:09:39 AM »

Good morning all,

lovely and sunny here,but a cool wind.

TD,that is a problem all too common in this country ,we have the same here.Kids just go into peoples gardens and rip the flowers out and then just throw them in the road.  :angry: :angry: :angry:
I would bring back the birch,then see how much vandalism there is.  :whip:
My car has gone in for its first service today,one year old(where has the time gone).It doesn't seem two minutes since I posted pictures of my new car on here.
Have a good day whatever you are doing.  :)

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 10:13:38 AM »

@TD ..... the approach of Mother's Day means some ****** (read enterprising) "person" has decided to cash in on your hard work.  Want to borrow my baseball bat?

Lovely and  :sun:  here - been to the doc for my annual MOT and he says I will last out the week at least.   ::)

Now he's got me on 6 different pills - I'll be rattling!

Colin

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 11:00:54 AM »

A lovely day here. We're off to Canterbury this afternoon for a stroll around. I'll be stocking up with goodies from the Thai supermarket.

>> Now he's got me on 6 different pills - I'll be rattling!

Damn, I'm only on 5. I must be missing out. :'(
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 12:30:19 PM »

A lovely day here. We're off to Canterbury this afternoon for a stroll around. I'll be stocking up with goodies from the Thai supermarket.

>> Now he's got me on 6 different pills - I'll be rattling!

Damn, I'm only on 5. I must be missing out. :'(

I don't want you missing out Eric,so have one of mine.  :silly:

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 12:48:14 PM »

Thanks Phil :lol:
  Eric

scottiesmum

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 03:33:44 PM »

Allo Allo     .....    lovely sunny day outside    ;D  but I'm feeling a bit dreary trying to sort out this darn machine   ...  hey ho  it's only a machine   ::) ::)

I've "donated" my old 17" screen to a friend who had a 15" one   ..... she's pleased anyway - so I've been installing that for her and have now returned to my messages of woe on the help section ..  very grateful but a bit alarmed at some of the comments  :( :(

Keep rattling folks  ;D   I don't take any pills at all   ..   feel quite deprived  ......  but very lucky !    :)

Take care all  .....

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2009, 03:58:48 PM »

I have a rosterd day off today my work mobile still busy though  >:( Have had loads of REIN faults lately and had a relatively easy one to pin down yesterday. was affecting quite a few properties but when i got near one property wow was it loud, as i pulled up the driveway had to turn the van radio right down in order not to deafen myself. There TV packed up recently, the router put a short onj the phone line and i found a 16 port hub connected to the router was broadcasting the REIN, power surge me thinks.

today spending time sorting a friends laptop again. Suns come out, not completely warm yet, just had a chat on line with a friend in australia via facebook, (ain't the internet great) stuff like "oh your brothers just wandered in"

Got some good news the other day, a friend had a bit of an "Ed Grundy" moment a couple of months a go and did a couple of very out of character silly things. This ment magistraites, then a crown case. I wrote a charachter statement for him. Silly situation and we where hoping he didn't get a custodial term. He didn't, Judge stated he couldn't understand why the case came up before him. I showed him a copy of what i wrote as did a friend who gave him a copy of he wrote. He started to well up. He seems to be looking to go into further education and take his life on to a new level  ;D

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2009, 05:08:57 PM »

>> I don't want you missing out Eric,so have one of mine.

May I have one too, and I promise not to count it as the 7th!

Hey - I'm happy already ...... TGIF!

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2009, 06:38:51 PM »

Our trip to Canterbury was rather spoilt by the fact that the place was heaving with French kids. When I say 'heaving', it was practically gridlock in the pedestrian precinct, and they were all yabbering at one another at the tops of their voices, or so it seemed. Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against French kids per se, but en masse (that's a bit of French :) ) they completely overwhelmed the place. Still, the bright spot was that they weren't interested in the Thai supermarket. ;D
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2009, 08:08:14 AM »

Had to comment on your g'morning pic UB..  that is so cute.
I love the 'daily pics' you post.

anyhow that Was particularly relevant to yesterday... as the sun provoked me to spent a couple of hours out in the garden tidying up some of the winter damage and clearing the weeds in the back garden.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

scottiesmum

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2009, 09:58:43 AM »

Our trip to Canterbury was rather spoilt by the fact that the place was heaving with French kids. When I say 'heaving', it was practically gridlock in the pedestrian precinct, and they were all yabbering at one another at the tops of their voices, or so it seemed. Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against French kids per se, but en masse (that's a bit of French :) ) they completely overwhelmed the place. Still, the bright spot was that they weren't interested in the Thai supermarket. ;D

Ooooooo  Eric,  I should apologise on behalf of mes compatriots  !!     you should have told them to be quiet, they would have been mortified and done so  ...   I had an experience the tram recently when a group of over excited children accompanied by their teacher were chattering to an extent I couldn't stand any longer and I  quietly told a couple of them to calm down .... they were very apologetic and the whole group suddenly stopped   en masse  ;D  then the teacher apologised.   

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2009, 10:20:35 AM »

I'm sure that it's not your responsibility to apologise for other people, Kate. :) In reality, they weren't doing anything wrong; they were just enjoying their visit to a historic city. The only problem was that there were so many of them. A shopkeeper told us that it had been like it all week, so I guess it's holiday time in French schools.
  Eric

scottiesmum

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2009, 10:34:39 AM »

Eric, I forgot to put the  :D icon in my apology sentence  ;)       No it's not school holidays here - they might  have been exchange students or on an English learning party  ?!      Unless they'd been put on the wrong ferry due to the strike  :lol: :lol:

they were just enjoying their visit      I remember being in the Lake District on a visit over there a few years ago and there were so many signs saying, NO Parking,  Don't walk on Grass,  Pay and Display  etc ... that our friends commented that soon they were going to put up  DO  NOT ENJOY YOURSELVES  signs   :lol:

anything