Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Carol Thatcher  (Read 13416 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Re: Carol Thatcher
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2009, 07:13:21 AM »

Must say that things can really be taken out of context can't they.  I'm sorry Robin that you have only chosen to quote only certain things that suit you, rather than take my post as a whole, being selective like that makes it difficult to comment on what you have to say because you are putting a different slant on what I've said but luckily enough for me, others have actually seen what I mean.

I still say that from what has been reported about Ms Thatchers comments they were not racist and I think you know that too.  Mr Chris's post on this page hit the nail on the head and is what I go along with wholeheartedly.  Yes of course we all have our own opinions and thoughts on everything, life would be dull if we all thought the same, but for me, when someone is taking things out of context, and is actually making more out of the situation than was there in the first place, I'm afraid I feel I must comment.

I like fairness in everything and by ANYONE saying Ms Thatcher was being racist they are doing her an injustice.  She was silly to say anything in this day and age, but because it was nothing more than I have mentioned above....then it's difficult to accept what you are saying.  I would dearly love everyone to get along in this world but it's not possible....but please don't take things wrongly and put meanings into things that aren't there, it's so unfair to do that.  This matter shouldn't have been a sacking offence and I feel the BBC were wrong to do what they've done.  I just wish people would see things for what they are and not read more into them, offence can be taken at anything can't it, but it depends on how we all want to pursue the words/deeds.  A little less "jumping" and a little more understanding and forgiveness would go a helluva long way in this world.
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2009, 07:34:49 AM »

1.Four blokes get out of a taxi here,one says come on lads lets go into to this strip club.One of the others says hang on,im away to get a packet of ciggies from the pa*i shop.He was promptly arrested,convicted in court and lost his job as a bank clerk

Why is the word P#ki taken as being racist,its only a shortening of the the word Pakistani.
You aren't classed as being racist if you say,Scouser,Brummie,Jock,Paddy,Taffy,Yorkie etc,so why that word.   :shrug2:

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2009, 08:14:59 AM »

1.Four blokes get out of a taxi here,one says come on lads lets go into to this strip club.One of the others says hang on,im away to get a packet of ciggies from the pa*i shop.He was promptly arrested,convicted in court and lost his job as a bank clerk

Why is the word P#ki taken as being racist,its only a shortening of the the word Pakistani.
You aren't classed as being racist if you say,Scouser,Brummie,Jock,Paddy,Taffy,Yorkie etc,so why that word.   :shrug2:

I could tell you Uncy but daren't, I'd be too controversial if I said what I really thought about things being loaded against certain peoples here.  :-X

robinsteele

• Reg Member
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2009, 01:14:58 PM »

I could tell you Uncy but daren't, I'd be too controversial if I said what I really thought about things being loaded against certain peoples here.  :-X

Chrissie,my examples werent selective,they were mirrors of the topics you started,which led to criminal and financial penalties for the people that said them.You keep saying that carol thatcher didnt mean any offence,are you her confidante?.
Uncle ub,your fellow country people,neighbours and local shop proprietors do not like being called P*kis,for whatever reason i dont know,so its now a criminal offence to use that term.Its also a reciprocal term about a scottish person describing an english person.
I look forward to your responses eagerly...............
Always looking for freebie HQ

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2009, 01:46:46 PM »

Uncle ub,your fellow country people,neighbours and local shop proprietors do not like being called P*kis,for whatever reason i dont know,so its now a criminal offence to use that term.Its also a reciprocal term about a scottish person describing an english person.

Well I can't reply properly to your comments at the risk of being banned from this forum.

All I will say is this,

Why is it a criminal offence ? Just because someone doesn't like something that's no reason to make it a criminal offence.

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2009, 01:53:58 PM »

Chrissie,my examples werent selective,they were mirrors of the topics you started,which led to criminal and financial penalties for the people that said them.You keep saying that carol thatcher didnt mean any offence,are you her confidante?.

Robin I think you are being rather contentious here regarding what I've said on the subject of Ms Thatcher.  I am going by (as with what all of us can go by), what was reported and as with every other news item of any subject, we have to take it on face value, depending on source of course.  I personally, along with many others, don't think she was being offensive... I've said it could have been her saying, "he reminded me of a teddy bear...." or any other cuddly toy of which gollywogs always were in my day!!  She didn't (apparently) face the guy she was commenting on and call his a gollywog!  It does look like some people go searching for "offensive material", uttered by whomsoever, in the hope of stirring and whipping up a public outcry.

I'm not saying anymore on this thread as all I can see is you trying to aggravate and put words into my mouth that I have no intention of saying.  You know my opinion on the matter and I will not change them.  I suggest you go onto a debate forum where your views may be well received and you can argue to your hearts content.  We all have our opinions but none of us enjoy others making more of them than is written.  

I wish you well in your quest to whatever it is you set out to achieve, I bow out of this one as I have a lot of views that wouldn't fit in with yours and I don't wish to see this thread locked.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2009, 02:04:14 PM »

I think this thread is getting a little OTT and think it has run its course.IMO everyone has got their opioions/points of view across so lets call it a draw and lock this thread .

robinsteele

• Reg Member
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2009, 02:17:01 PM »

I think this thread is getting a little OTT and think it has run its course.IMO everyone has got their opioions/points of view across so lets call it a draw and lock this thread .

Here,Here Ub,its turning into a knitting circle LOL

p.s I thought I was posting on Kitz forum,not Chrissies.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 02:23:28 PM by robinsteele »
Always looking for freebie HQ

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2009, 02:28:13 PM »

p.s I thought I was posting on Kitz forum,not Chrissies.

Theres no need for that,everyone is entitled to put their point of view across.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2009, 03:13:22 PM »

This subject has run its course. Locked.
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2009, 08:12:30 PM »

...  and a reminder to all - feel free to discuss the incident or thoughts - but please dont let this get personal.  I dont want to have to lock the thread.

Bit disapointed that despite my warning yesterday and several attempts by some people to get the topic back on track..  it still got personal.

After just having seen the way this has further developed, and if eric hadnt already locked it than I certainly would have.

>> I thought I was posting on Kitz forum,

It is - I pay the hosting costs therefore I get to make the rules ;)

Please guys, express your opinions etc...  but I dont want this forum to become one of those where someone has to think twice about what they say just in case it becomes misinterpreted by others and/or someone starts nitpicking.

Whilst everyone will not always agree and see things in the way, however I do expect people to have a little bit of courtesy and respect if someone else has a different view.  Debate is good - getting personal isnt.

I'm way to busy right now and have better things to do than to go round chasing up on whats going on in this section..  so all I ask is please have some respect and keep things civil. :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]