Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Monday 2nd Feb Chat  (Read 4714 times)

jeffbb

• Kitizen
Re: Monday 2nd Feb Chat
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 03:11:40 PM »

Hi all :)

What is this stuff called snow ? don't see it here on Anglesey . Just very windy. First thing you notice coming on to the island is the way most trees lean one way. The laugh is with High winds the wind turbines are shut down ?? .  :lol:

regards Jeff
zen user

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2009, 03:16:17 PM »

Tickmike If you havn't a +/- stop on your camera you might have a feature called highlight/shadow. For a white to appear white you want the highlight setting (on wedding photos defer to this as the bride and the white dress is always the most important subject)

Shadow will make a black appear black.

If you have a "Spot" metering facility use this to lock the exposure whilst pointing at the item for which you want the shade to appear correct. whilst holding the exposure, recompose the shot to take the piccy.

Have got to scan in some of the pic's I got at the north coast a couple of weeks ago. The prize pilchard here managed to open the back on the camera before rewinding the film  ??? so burnt out almost all the shots. the other roll was one left from a dodgy batch from some wedding photography I did. Loads of the perforations where badly cut.

Now can i find a pen which works in this weather, what did i do with those pencils ?

Got to hand it to Boots they always give superb service and excellent results, they kept trying to run the neg's through their machines until they got a result, got 90% of the shots and they did it for free ! It wasn't their problem or fault it was the film manufacturer Thank you Boot of the Castle Mall Norwich  :clap2:

(6 out of 10 rolls had problems in one batch  >:( really distracting to keep hearing the awfull tearing noises from the cameras when your trying to concentrate on the photos. Worst wedding shots I've ever done  :( At least the christening shots I did for them came out lovely)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2009, 04:22:54 PM »

Snowing a blizzard at present,the snow is about 3" to 4".

This brings with it .......................The local gang of miscreants who are hell bent on seeing how many snowballs they can throw at your windows in rapid succession.  >:(  >:(  >:(

Most schools have been closed due to health and safety (what about our health and safety).I don't seem to remember schools closing because of snow when we were kids.  :no:

UB has a shotgun moment and then calms down.  :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2009, 04:49:03 PM »

This brings with it .......................The local gang of miscreants who are hell bent on seeing how many snowballs they can throw at your windows in rapid succession.  >:(  >:(  >:(

Most schools have been closed due to health and safety (what about our health and safety).I don't seem to remember schools closing because of snow when we were kids.  :no:

I can sympathise with you Uncy... they ruin everything nowadays (kids).....can't have fun without s*dding other peoples lives up.  No school closed in my day either for whatever reason especially for snow fgs and we had alot more then than we do now. 
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2009, 05:35:04 PM »

Remeber that chilli sause I mentioned once ? Alternate use for it, leave a drop or two where the blighters scoop up snow for malicious snow balling and wait for the effect when they wipe their runny noses  :flamer:

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2009, 06:42:00 PM »

Remeber that chilli sause I mentioned once ? Alternate use for it, leave a drop or two where the blighters scoop up snow for malicious snow balling and wait for the effect when they wipe their runny noses

Sounds good to me Ezzer  >:D  >:D  >:D

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 07:00:43 PM »

When I lived in Luton  :rain: I used to have a mixture of vasaline and cayenne pepper smeared lightly on the right hand inside of my car door handles.

I knew where it was safe to open my car door from but if a little miscreant tryed their luck to see if the door was unlocked they'd get a nice supprise next time they rub their eye, pick their nose or touch any other orifice  >:D

Also leave a nice set of prints on any thing along the street that did get damaged  :police:

I know this sounds extreame but thats how bad Luton can be. Complete culture shock when I escaped, errh moved out.

Did some thing similar when some urchins managed to smear their no.2's all down the side of my car to bake on in the hot sun. Previously amongst other pranks (some of which downright leathal on the industrial estate) they would leave a "prezzie" in the empty milk bottles. We hadn't left the empties out for some time due to this. They got a supprise the next day. Didn't see them for a couple of days after that  >:D :lol: >:D
Pages: 1 [2]

anything