Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Friday 9th Chat  (Read 7190 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Friday 9th Chat
« on: January 09, 2009, 08:35:58 AM »

Morning all,

Just a quick pop in for me as orff to hosp today for iron transfusion...ugh... not pleasant when they can't find the vein to put a canulla...eurgh.  Will be there all day or thereabouts as it take 5 hours for the transfusion and then there's all the added wait for staff et al.....mind you at the end of it, means I get to eat out as I won't want to come home and cook now will I  ;D ;D

Hope you all have a good day today and are keeping as warm as you can.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

camallison

• Kitizen
Re: Friday 9th Chat
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 09:30:50 AM »

Thinking of you - hope it all goes smoothly and you're not too bored with the sitting around.

I am driving "up North" today (254 miles) to deliver aged father-in-law back home after an extended Christmas break with his extended family down here.  Any fog on the M5/M42/M1/A1 folks? - will wave to Yorkie on the way past the A64 junction and maybe UncleUB as I go over the viaduct at Sheffield.  If you are on these motorways today, then I am the guy hogging lane 1 (sometimes called the slow lane) at a pleasant speed taking in the view.

Have a nice day - we've even got the sun (maybe it migrated from France?)

Colin

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 09:37:49 AM »

Good morning, and I hope you are all well... ;D

Hope everything goes ok at the hospital, Chrissie... :flower:

Hope the drive oop north is not troublesome, camallison, go safely and enjoy the view.

Was imtending to go to the bright lights but am a bit stuck as I cannot get out the driveway which is blocked by a Land Rover and no one around knows who it belongs to..... >:(
But...........the ticket on the back indicates that it was supplied by a company Guy Salmon of Sheffield...........if it's yours, UnkyUb, could you come and move it please... :D

Have a good day.  :)

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 10:42:09 AM »

TD, if it's still there, phone the police as it's classed as a obstruction and get them to tow it away..
Although whether they will actually do anything is a different matter.

scottiesmum

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 10:50:32 AM »

All !!

Chrissie, hope it all goes well for you at the hospital, and that it is a painless procedure   :)

Colin, take care on the roads  .... the sun is only visiting you   ( I had a quiet word with it, on the proviso it doesn't go over the border  ;) :lol: )

TD    I would 'phone the police too, tell them you're worried about the "terrorist threat"  they seem to do things then   !!  ;)    Enjoy the bright lights !! you could imagine it's the  :sun: :lol:

Take care all   ..... 

PS..    I think this  cold is getting to me   !     just before Christmas I bought my usual wall calendar and put it somewhere safe     :'(    I can't find it and it's not a small item   :no:    the other day I ordered three books, I'm still awaiting delivery,  this morning found one of them on the bookshelves  :-X 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 12:15:19 PM by scottiesmum »

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 12:23:32 PM »

>>>> PS..    I think this  cold is getting to me   !     just before Christmas I bought my usual wall calendar and put it somewhere safe         I can't find it and it's not a small item       the other day I ordered three books, I'm still awaiting delivery,  this morning found one of them on the bookshelves  <<<<<

:drunk:.................need I say more ?  :lol:

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 12:24:01 PM »

Everyone,hope you are having a good day.  :)

I can see the Viaduct from here Colin,so give us a wave.  :)

TD,yes that's my car,I've come for a camera lesson,so stop hiding behind the curtains and let me in.  :D

Good look with the transfusion Chrissie.  :(

Back from doing a big shop at Sainsburys,the prices just seem to be goin up and up.  :o

Kate, its too much  :sun: that's getting to you,wear a sun hat  :D

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 02:12:26 PM »

@ unkyUb
>>> I've come for a camera lesson <<<

Have you tried it yet...... :)

scottiesmum

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 02:17:51 PM »

Back from doing a big shop at Sainsburys,the prices just seem to be goin up and up

So their year end profit is down to you Unc !! ;D

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 02:23:57 PM »

Back from doing a big shop at Sainsburys,the prices just seem to be goin up and up

So their year end profit is down to you Unc !! ;D

You could say that  :(

@ unkyUb
>>> I've come for a camera lesson <<<

Have you tried it yet...... :)
Only dabbled a bit indoors,my plan was to go to Beachief Abbey (posh side of Sheffield) and take some nice outdoor shots,but since getting over my chest infection I have not been out much.
Hoping to get snapping sometime next week. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beauchief_Abbey
[/quote]

scottiesmum

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 02:46:43 PM »

That's an interesting link Unc and took me to another link to an Abbey in France,   and that was interesting too  ... thank you .... hope you get to snap the kingfishers at Beauchief !

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 02:48:39 PM »

Afternoon All,

Its cold again, or feels it 'cos there's a bit of a breeze today.  Looks as if it may get milder towards the end of the week so you may get your day out next week UncleUb. I'm guessing with a digital camera that if you chop someones head off you can scrub it and start again, unlike old fashioned film where it was a wasted shot, but you still had to pay for it to be developed. Bit of a dunce with regard to cameras, my last one was a Kodak Instamatic, think its still kicking around somewhere.

Poor Chrissie having to spend all that time 'resting', only joking, it sounds tedious.

Take care.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 02:55:43 PM »

That's an interesting link Unc and took me to another link to an Abbey in France,   and that was interesting too  ... thank you .... hope you get to snap the kingfishers at Beauchief !

Its only a small abbey but beautiful and well preserved.As you walk towards the alter you are treading on old gravestone which is quite eerie.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2009, 05:42:23 PM »

Just had some upsetting news about our little grandaughter Elle,she's 8.She suffers from 'Selective Mutism'.She takes medication for it and has been fine,but today she had another MRI scan and the have found some more areas of learning abnormalities on her brain(nothing to with cancer or anything like that),but they changed her medication and it is making her sick.
She lives in Sheffield with her mum and we should have been taking her to Lincoln tomorrow to see her dad(Sue's son),but have had to cancel due to the sickness.  :'(

http://www.kidsbehaviour.co.uk/SelectiveMutism.html

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2009, 06:50:02 PM »

Oh dear, that is sad Phil. I do hope they get her medication sorted out quickly.
  Eric
Pages: [1] 2