Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: friday 2nd. chat  (Read 4931 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Re: friday 2nd. chat
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2009, 06:01:59 PM »

OMG that sounds horrendous  tickmike, bet you couldn't wait to get away.

Too true  >:D
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2009, 06:19:58 PM »

Wow Tickmike, hope it's not a bug that will persevere. At least this year is an aniversary for Gallileo's proclimations on planetry orbits, and the moon landings. I think your also keen on this stuff Mike, don't know if you use youtube much but someone who posts as brunothequestionable as put lots of good gems on line. Might cheer you up

The last house I was in today was absolutely pristine, only...

Careful with your attenuators Ezzer, playing with them can get you into a lot of trouble. :o)

Fine from the exchange, but the internal wiring  ??? wha.....the ? star wiring bit of an understatement. 3 bt nte's and an ntl nte, all connected to each other one way or another. Looks like its all been adapted over and over. Mind you they gave me a couple of after eights which was lovely, only thing is there still in my tool case. Oh well I can enjoy on monday with a mug of coco.

Have gone from buying coffiee for work and changed to cadburys drinking chocolate some time ago. feel better for it. the only thing how come no matter what amount of powder you use, how close to boiling the water or milk is, how  much you stirr, you always get a residue 

scottiesmum

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2009, 06:28:05 PM »

drinking chocolate

mmmm  yummy ....  I prefer a stronger cocoa content than Cadburys though   :'(  AND a few marshmallows floating on top   mmmmmmmmmmmm!  (though not very often !!  ;)  )

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2009, 06:32:54 PM »

OOOH The best of the Now show is on radio4 ;D

I do like the 70% coca chocolate bars or Ruthanian chocolate and poppy tort with sweet walnuts  :yum:

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2009, 06:37:44 PM »

Thanks for your messages of support  :)

At least my memory card came today  :thumbs:.So I'm hoping to be out and about tomorrow taking a few pics. :)

My son could be coming back for good at the end of August.It all depends on whether his wiife renews her contract with the school at the end of May.The lease on their apartment expires at the end of August.If they decide to stay they will then visit here again sometime in the summer.  :)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2009, 07:06:45 PM »

Looking forward to a sample pic..... :thumbs:..............will you try it out on your son before he goes.

Well, you will know at the end of May latest what the yougun's plans are........not long to wait.  :)

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2009, 08:33:28 PM »

Sorry to hear you're a little down UB, hope the camera keeps you occupied and out of mischief.

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2009, 10:00:52 PM »

Wow Tickmike, hope it's not a bug that will persevere. At least this year is an aniversary for Gallileo's proclimations on planetry orbits, and the moon landings. I think your also keen on this stuff Mike, don't know if you use youtube much but someone who posts as brunothequestionable as put lots of good gems on line. Might cheer you up

I could have done with some of that disinfectant spray you carry in your tool bag for that house, or a flame thrower would have been better   >:(
Thanks for the heads up for youtube, there is some interesting stuff on there.

I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2009, 12:57:50 AM »

Erhh if you want that disinfectant, its good stuff but itdosn't smell too.........Inocent but my word it's good stuff. can remember a pole I climbed. It looked purple a the top. hen I got there is wa covered in a thick layer of whats best described as a greese. cereise  in colour (or however it s spelt) the berrys on a nearby bush where obviously in  vthaizt year. Had to bin the gloves, polo shirt, hi z  :vomit:

just had a really good conceptual conversation in he pub tonight, A friends girlfriend asked for a comprehensible reason for the seasons. Bottle of Sol (apt) with a lemon for the sun, and a lime. sorted

conversation went on to the big bang, as simple as she thought she was being her arguments came up as definate as Heisenberg's.
 conversation went from prehistoric astrology, Newtonian physics, conic sections, cosmoligy. We really enjoyed that, others statrted with "your on  about what..............?" to " shame the sky wasn't clear"

Looking forward to another round, seems everyones up for it

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2009, 08:27:29 PM »

Oh gawd, another with the lurgy - it really seems to be sweeping the country,  most people seem to be getting it... although the circumstances in which you caught it dont sound too good. :sick:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2009, 08:48:09 PM »

Oh gawd, another with the lurgy - it really seems to be sweeping the country,  most people seem to be getting it... although the circumstances in which you caught it dont sound too good. :sick:

The 'Bubonic Bun Fight'  :sick:   :D
Pages: 1 [2]

anything