Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Only able to connect after reboot  (Read 1424 times)

cladelpino

• Just arrived
Only able to connect after reboot
« on: January 08, 2009, 06:17:49 AM »

hello, I'm having a bit of an annoying problem going on on this PC. It's connected to a broadband ISP here in Argentina by an ARESCOM NDS1060USB usb ( :P) modem, and running on windows 2000 pro.  The issue is that when you try to connect after starting the pc for the first time, the process hungs up on the "checking username and password" box and never connects. BUT, if you reboot, you can then connect normally.  ??? . This problem has got me searching but I wasn't able to find any answer anywhere. I suspect there's a problem with any kind of USB assignment but I can't see why this is fixed after rebooting. I am in need of help.

Thanks for your time, in advance!

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Only able to connect after reboot
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 12:33:49 PM »

This is something I have heard of before with uSB modems, but TBH I dont really know why it happens.

It can sometimes be fixed by

~ Ensuring that IE is set to "Never Dial a Connection" which is how it should be set for adsl - otherwise you may get some conflicts.
from Tools > Internet Options > Connections > "Never dial a connection".

Also worth checking is the way it tries to boot up the USB connection, some users make their own DUN connection rather than the ISP one. 
Once you have a manual DUN, you can then drag it into your startup menu.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything