Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Sunday 21st Dec Chat  (Read 3899 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Sunday 21st Dec Chat
« on: December 21, 2008, 09:09:25 AM »

,all.
The last sunday before Christmas !!
Hope you've all got your Christmas shopping done.  :angel:
Not much planned today,except a couple of pints later with a pal of mine.
Have a good day whatever you're doing.  :)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: Sunday 21st Dec Chat
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 09:26:41 AM »

Morning to all... ;D

Hope Chrissie and Pwiggler are getting sorted out ok.

Grey and rainy here with a gale force wind from the south-west. TD has just had a trundle round TD Towers estate and there is a lot of wind damage to be cleared up.
During that trundle TD was very nearly scalped by a low flying patio table, last seen whizzing north..........must find it as it is my bird food preparation point and the wee robin is hopping around all perplexed cos his roost has disappeared. When the food is being prepared, he sits about a foot away eyeing up all the goodies and making quick sortes in to grab a morsel.

Last Sunday indeed, unkyUb, where has the year gone? Thank goodness we are at the shortest day............TD does not like these long nights and short dark days.
Enjoy the  :drink:

Have a good day..... :)

Here he is..... :)

« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 09:45:21 AM by tuftedduck »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 10:02:23 AM »

You've done it again TD. Lovely picture!

We're off to deliver the presents to my daughter and the grandchildren today. The back end of the car seems to be sitting a bit lower than usual. :)

Have a good day, all of you.
  Eric

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 10:52:46 AM »

Morning all,

Aww TD what a beautiful picture of Robby Robin, it's wonderful....is it possible I can copy and keep please?  Yes, last Sunday before Xmas.... I'm screaming here cos I don't feel up to much (think the rest of the week has caught up with me) and I've got to try and get some food for the freezer... what's left that is... ugh.

Was reading thru yesterday's chat....thank you for all your birthday greetings that was lovely.  Had a nice day and out for a meal for lunch so no cooking... hehe.  As for the red wine.... sigh...... why don't I listen to myself (ansa's on a postcard to...).  I "thought" about pouring salt onto it but just didn't do it (silly moo).... I knew about the white wine but didn't have any, but thought about lemonade but that was much later!  Anyway, the result is... the stain is bad and dry now.  Daughter gave me some spray that she has that's supposed to help remove stains but obviously not red wine (scream)....cos it didn't work.  So my carpet (which I didn't take out insurance for accidents on the household policy....) has a luverly stain on it.  All I've done now is put a magazine rack over it....hides it ok but I know it's there!  >:(  Definitely won't let OH have another glass of red wine now...he can stick to beer <evil larff> oh well, don't think I can do anymore other than try wetting the stain again and maybe the salt but I think that remedy would have to be instant rather than 3 days later  :(

Hope you all have a good day, the sun is shining here but the wind is cold, hope the weather is reasonable where you are.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 11:02:14 AM »

Hallo again, just a quicky in passing..........off out for a bit.

Chrissie..............robin pic......have as many as you want.
..........................wine on carpet problem........this stuff might be the answer (highly recommended apparently ) http://www.lakeland.co.uk/wine-away/F/product/3998?src=gaots&sq=wine%20away

Bye, must dash.   ;D

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 11:58:56 AM »

Today's the Solstice.

Longer days from today

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 01:44:56 PM »

You've done it again TD. Lovely picture!

We're off to deliver the presents to my daughter and the grandchildren today. The back end of the car seems to be sitting a bit lower than usual. :)

Have a good day, all of you.

and very fetching you look in your Santa outfit

Chrissie I was going to suggest making hubby stand on stain to cover it up, but I guess he's already been banned to the shed. ;D

It always seems to be mid January before it becomes noticable here with the longer days, I expect in Scotland it's later in the month.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 04:24:46 PM »

Yorkie, it's not too bad.
Here's a little pic of TD enjoying high noon on the longest day of the Scottish year.   :D

poppy

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 06:25:58 PM »

Beginning to feel better already now that we've reached the solstice. Every minute of extra daylight from here is more than welcome - hoorah!

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2008, 01:15:02 AM »

Oooooh how would ever have thought.......

"The United States says the power-sharing deal in Zimbabwe will not work with Robert Mugabe as president.

The US would not reverse sanctions policy while Mr Mugabe remained in power as he had "lost touch with reality", said its top envoy to Africa.

As well as suffering economic collapse, Zimbabwe is suffering from a cholera epidemic charities say is critical"

Wow I never realised...............
US Assistant Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs Jendayi Frazer said it could no longer fulfil either of those pledges, and that Mr Mugabe had "reneged on the principle of power sharing".

"We have lost confidence in the power-sharing deal being a success with Mugabe in power. He has lost touch with reality," she said during a visit to South Africa.

"We were prepared to use the American influence to negotiate with the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund to clear the $1.2bn Zimbabwe debt, but now we are no longer prepared to do that."

Oooh big news (Ooooh big sarcasim)

jeffbb

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2008, 06:29:11 PM »

Its almost a pity there is no oil there . Otherwise the problem would not have been ignored !. USA and GB (the world saviour ) would have been interested . :-\ (don't know which is the worst of 2 evils )
zen user

anything