Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Why is it?  (Read 3365 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Why is it?
« on: December 17, 2008, 03:54:25 PM »

The past week or so has been a bit hectic and Ive not been around, so today was meant to be a catch up on the chores day.

So what have I done?
Nope not done anything around the house.. 
not done anything about xmas pressies, [edit I have bought some and posted 1]
nope not put up a single decoration.
Still have 117 emails in my inbox that need sorting/replying/not even looked at
Still have lots of posts to catch up on
Still have a some work on the PC that needs doing.

So what did I do?
Urm...  I messed with an elf video, and then drew a potato head.   :'(

Gawd.. someone kick me please. :-X

Oh well I suppose the video sorted out the xmas cards for afar... and I have made a slight gesture towards christmas by changing the site logo.  :D

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Why is it?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 04:12:13 PM »

You know what they say about good intentions. :) If the saying is true then I know the direction I'm going in when I turn my toes up.
  Eric

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 04:12:22 PM »

nope not put up a single decoration.

Neither have I, nor do I intend to... in fact I don't even own a single christmas dec.

I yearn for the time when no-one sends me an Xmas card or gives me a single pressie, and then I won't feel obliged to reciprocate the gesture.

Christmas? Bah Humbug!
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 04:25:53 PM »

I sorted Christmas out a long time ago, I don't buy pressies and eventually the family got the message and don't buy me any, I spend the money on a treat for myself and get something I really want. I don't do Christmas cards either, but a few hardy souls still send or give me one, but they know not to expect one back. It may sound mean, but it saves a lot of blood, sweat and tears and Christmas is exactly what I want it to be. My one concession is I might get out a small but very tasteful fiber optic Christmas tree that changes colour, don't know what came over me when I bought that.

Kitz don't worry about it, my philosophy is I wasn't put on this earth to do housework or ironing or washing windows or..., you get the picture, not quite as bad as it sounds, I have occasional flurries and then sit down till it wears off. ;D

fudgem

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 04:31:42 PM »

You can blame Yorkie for the elf :P and as for housework

scottiesmum

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 04:32:06 PM »

You know what they say about good intentions. :) If the saying is true then I know the direction I'm going in when I turn my toes up.

I'm going where it's warm as well Eric !  :drunk:

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 04:36:07 PM »

Poor Kitz is too knac stressed out to finish her Christmas dinner..... :D

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 04:44:51 PM »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  Eric

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 09:19:53 PM »

Okay I'll take the blame for the elves, (sorry), but absolutely deny any involment with Mr Potato Head.

Strangely enough we've been refreshing our card stock over the last couple of weeks and to-day I booked in some Mr Potato Head Cards.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 02:34:18 AM »

Not done too bad tonight.

In between keep sitting down at the PC Ive managed several loads of washing, cleaned the bathroom and changed the sheets in the spare room.

>> Okay I'll take the blame for the elves, (sorry)

Caught up with an old friend from school whom I hadnt spoken to for years when the family moved away, but he rang me after getting 'the elves'.
So there you go Yorkie - some good came out of that and it was good to catch up on the news.  ;D

Then spent over an hour on the phone with another friend whilst I was flicking the duster around upstairs.
..  and also turfed out emails that Im not going to answer or were quick changes/replies so I'm now down to 47 + a few more I havent downloaded from the server yet.

So all in all a not unproductive evening.

>>> but absolutely deny any involment with Mr Potato Head.

lol - no I totally take the blame for that - when reading the thread I suddenly had this mental image of a potato in a Linux 'RedHat', and before I knew it I couldnt stop myself. I thought eric may appreciate the image too and get the associations. :)

Re christmas - I normally love it, but not looking forward to it this year, but will make an effort outside the home. 
This year for personal reasons concentrating on the family.....  and of course theres Ella so I'll shoot off to my bro's. Sophie is now 2 so she's all excited this year - and xmas is for the kids anyhow.
I normally spend the best part of a day putting up decco's but I dont think I will bother this year.

@ TD - Sorry  you'd asked about Ella in another thread...  she's lovely - sorry I dont have any pics since theyre on kims camera, but perhaps she may post them when she gets around to it.

Although OhSnap if you're reading please don't post without me seeing them first.  I don't want pics of my ugly mug on the forum scaring everyone away.  :o

@TD again - lol at the pic - that will be me soon - just eaten a choccy donut and am waiting for the tumble dryer to finish before I zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 07:08:15 AM »

>> I thought eric may appreciate the image too and get the associations.

I did indeed :lol:
  Eric

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
  • You're as weak as the hearts you break.
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008, 08:14:57 AM »

Actually they're on Sams camera, and despite the fact I've been bgging him for weeks now to empty the camera, he won't. I'll make him do it tomorrow :)
Maybe it's not my weekend, But it's gonna be my year.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2008, 09:28:52 AM »

>> I'll make him do it tomorrow

Frightening..  :whip: :whip: :whip: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:
  Eric

jeffbb

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2008, 06:56:46 PM »

"You know what they say about good intentions. Smiley If the saying is true then I know the direction I'm going in when I turn my toes up."

And you'll meet a lot of kittizens  :lol:
zen user

anything