Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: monday 24 chat  (Read 3670 times)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
monday 24 chat
« on: November 24, 2008, 07:40:43 AM »

Morning.... :)

Quiet morning on the weather front, chilly and cloudy but no snow or frost.............and they say that we are to get a sunny afternoon.  ;D

Roseway has been busy today...........when I first visited earlier this am there some new spam posts infesting the site but, no doubt with Tux as a worthy assistant, he has cleared the rubbish out.......ta.. :thumbs:

Nothing much on the cards today..... a trip to restock the bird food and then if the afternoon is nice, will get into the garden and clean up a bitty as the last couple of weeks nasty weather has mad a mess............must rake up all these leaves.

Have a good day.  :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: monday 24 chat
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 09:23:09 AM »

Morning all

>> Roseway has been busy today

Kitz provides the mods with very efficient sweeping instruments to keep the forum clean, so I can't take personal credit. I'm just the first one to get out of bed in the morning. :lol:

It's raining here but much milder than the previous couple of days, so not so bad really. But we're off to Tescos, and that fills me with gloom. :(
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 01:19:25 PM »

heh - I provide the dusters and brooms so the mods can do the real work by cleaning them up.

The mods hard at work

They also get one of these for xmas

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 01:34:04 PM »

:lol:
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 01:44:43 PM »

But we're off to Tescos, and that fills me with gloom

Just thought Eric, I thought you may be with your daughter today or is there nothing going on atm with the court case?
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 01:49:05 PM »

But we're off to Tescos, and that fills me with gloom. :(

They have a good deal on printers and dvd boxsets,shall I give you the link. :lol: :lol:

On a more festive note,we were in Tesco's on Saturday and they were selling 1 Litre bottles of Baileys Irish Liquer for £8  :yum:

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 01:59:35 PM »

Just thought Eric, I thought you may be with your daughter today or is there nothing going on atm with the court case?

All the witness evidence was completed on Friday. This morning will have been the barristers' closing statements followed by the judge's summing up, then the jury will be retiring this afternoon. It's a complicated case, and the verdict isn't expected before tomorrow morning. The police officer in charge of the case will call Vanessa when the verdict is announced - we didn't see any point in being there ourselves.
  Eric

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 02:16:34 PM »

I hope that none of the good Kitizens from darn sarff are affected by this debacle.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/sussex/7745603.stm

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 02:35:30 PM »

Fairly 'convenient' way to dispose of 2,000 tyres and just keep the metal ! ! !  :-X
The trailers will, no doubt. have been insured too!

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 03:39:24 PM »

thanks for the update eric - I wondered how it was going.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 03:39:56 PM »

Fairly 'convenient' way to dispose of 2,000 tyres and just keep the metal ! ! !  :-X
The trailers will, no doubt. have been insured too!

cynic

:lol:

:-X
 :-X
-----

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 06:44:44 PM »

Sue came home from work today(Morrisons) and told me that the supervisor on the produce dept had just been sacked.He stole a laptop belonging to one of his work colleagues.The lad  who the laptop belongs to is a part time student.He had left it on top of his locker.When he reported it missing someone said they had seen the supervisor acting suspiciously around the lockers so the security ordered his car boot opened and there it was.Instant dismissal and the police called.
This is world we live in  :no:

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2008, 07:28:17 AM »

Sue came home from work today(Morrisons) and told me that the supervisor on the produce dept had just been sacked.He stole a laptop belonging to one of his work colleagues.The lad  who the laptop belongs to is a part time student.He had left it on top of his locker.When he reported it missing someone said they had seen the supervisor acting suspiciously around the lockers so the security ordered his car boot opened and there it was.Instant dismissal and the police called.
This is world we live in  :no:

Lovely isn't it!  Can't trust anyone nowadays, why do people think it's "ok" to steal and do anti social things... where have all the morals gone, people just don't seem bothered by anything do they, well unless they are missing out on something and then they'll complain!
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2008, 01:57:49 AM »

A friend of mine had his phone nicked at work too.   He'd gone to the toilets and accidentally left it by his locker,  when he remembered a bit later it had gone, but he knew it had to be staff.

He was quite lucky getting it back - he reported it to the manager etc.. and about 2 hours later he got notification from the police to identify his phone.

Turns out the guy had been stopped on the way home for some other offence, and when the police searched him/his car, they found the phone.

No you cant trust anyone...  recalls the incident of a new cashier at work and funds going missing, which must have been quite embarrassing for her father who was the church minister.
-----

anything