Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Gift Ideas?  (Read 4494 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Gift Ideas?
« on: November 13, 2008, 02:21:49 PM »

« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 02:40:37 PM by UncleUB »

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Re: Gift Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 02:34:20 PM »

Aww shame Uncy, I don't like caviar.... I'm really miffed that I won't be buying the snow queen hamper and there I was already to write the cheque!  :lol:
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 02:34:59 PM »

OMG  :-X
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 02:35:59 PM »

I was thinking that it would be nice if the forum members could all club together to get one of those hampers for Kitz this Christmas. :angel:
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 03:12:47 PM »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the thoughts guys...  but...
theres a few items in there that I dont like or would never eat/use.... so i'll pass.

However if you want to send me something useful a new desk and chair so I can sit and type to you guys would be useful and a hell of a lot cheaper.  :D :D

lol I seriously am getting worried about the state of my desk.  Many years ago it was a very good one.. but it didnt survive a move too good and I keep having to perform temporary fixes on it in the hope that one day it doesnt collapse.  :'(
Any joiners in the house?

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 03:20:31 PM »

Any joiners in the house?
Moi

I'm knocking the pallets to bits as we speak  :D

« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 03:22:59 PM by UncleUB »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 03:29:14 PM »

Why thankyee kindly - just what I need :)
-----

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 06:21:34 PM »

Kitz; As I statred uni I went to a local office furniture auction house. The buyers are all comercial and buy & sell in bulk, but in the auctioniers getting bulk loads of office furniture they would get a small proportion of older style more traditional desks as well as the modern office type which is what there after.

Due to this they'll build up a store of this older stuff before clearing it for disposal, so I got an early 60's style desk for £5

It's got a very big top so plenty of space for pc bits, books, mug of coffiee (a BIG Arsenal mug of course  ;).

It was a cheepy pine finish with strange black mottleing on it. But as it was an old desk the pine vener was sandable, I stained it an american walnut, revarnished it and fitted some nice smart handles on the draws. It looks fantastic, the whole lot cost me about £20-£25 to get up to scratch I've seen similar but in worse condition for sale for £100+

If your ok with a little bit of elbow grease and a bit of a hunt around........Don't know if that inspires a little project

(Turned out from paperwork found in the back of the draws it came from the Library in Norwich. The mottleing and funny smell was obviously from when the library burnt down. It's got 2 sprung loaded extentions above each set of draws so I have an extra space for books each side and one has a pen rack built in)

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
  • You're as weak as the hearts you break.
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 07:20:21 PM »

I was struggling for gift ideas for my boyfriend, because men are bloody difficult to buy for, but thanks to mum i have a few ideas now! She gave me a catalogue for www.iwantoneofthose.com and we went through it last night, and I got a few hints ;)
Maybe it's not my weekend, But it's gonna be my year.