Broadband Related > Broadband Technology

bRAS profile - my experience

<< < (2/3) > >>

mr_chris:
Just to correct you on a small technicality, the alleged limit when interleaved is 7616kbps, not 7150kbps (7150 is actually the IP profile speed for an 8128kbps sync speed, which is probably where you've got it from).

And yes, I am living (altho i can't sleep, so dont feel very alive at the mo) proof of having been interleaved and synced at 8128kbps.... occasionally!

roseway:

--- Quote from: mr_chris on January 03, 2007, 04:14:15 AM ---Just to correct you on a small technicality...
--- End quote ---

Ah yes, I've fallen prey to the old adage "Post in haste, repent at leisure". :-[

Eric

browolf:
my router has reported a sync of 7904 and 8128 on interleaved. is it lying?

ive noticed when i've had sync problems that the sync can be all over the place and doesnt seem to follow any obvious pattern
like a period of 30mins once when it went from
576 > 0 > 4876 > 1760 > 3296 > 2144 > 0 > 2244 > 0 > 5408

the zeros are loss of signal

roseway:
No, I don't think your router is lying. It's not supposed to sync above 7616 when it's interleaved, according to BT, but reports that it does happen are not uncommon.
When your sync is all over the place like that it suggests a significant problem with your line, and if the problem is only temporary it's quite likely to be weather-related (rain or wind). If the ADSL is affected by using the phone it could be a filter problem or a high resistance fault on the line.

Eric

browolf:
yes but even with a problematic line you'd think sync mechanisms would try and follow some sort of pattern. of course i could be missing vital information only picking it up every 60 seconds. i supoose you'd need more real time monitoring to discern a pattern. it even possible the router isnt checking often enough either...

its like trying to reverse engineer the software at the exchange by how our non-scientific-instrument routers behave lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version