Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Thursday Chat  (Read 4826 times)

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
Re: Thursday Chat
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 04:32:44 PM »

Unless she has been "really naughty" then she will be out by then, so that's not much good.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 05:13:58 PM »

Kitz, I think I may have said this before but in light of your tweaking the forum and the amount of ailements everyone has to one degree or another seems like the chit chat should be changed to the doctors waiting room.

Youre not kidding Ezzer.  I dont know if its the change in weather, a poor summer or what, but just about everyone seems to have had some sort of ailment or other.
I'm actually doing ok (aside from being knackered) Daughter had flu but I escaped it with a couple of sneezes.
But it seems family arent escaping their woes either, so Im either running round after pets or spending time with family stuff.

Have adapted Chaz's kennel again today and built a new door entrance for chaz's domain.. Im no carpenter and its a bit rough and ready with some spare wood..and not too pretty.. but it does the job better than the temporary thing I did last week - Since Ive moved it to under the bushes/trees that I cut down/back, all 3 think its fun to try and climb inside at once, so I dont think the old solution would have lasted long.  So now they have a new door thats 7"x 7" and even a nice lil ramp up to it... rather than a stonking hole big enough for a dog. :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2008, 06:11:21 PM »

There's still space in the French NC, OF. It's nice and warm there, and you could keep Kate company. ;D

I'd like to go (just for the sun)but my nether region is still a little tender.  :D

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2008, 06:28:34 PM »

I was going to suggest woodwork evening classes so you could build a little porch for Chaz, but this may be  better.

http://tinyurl.com/4ul5j6

p.s I think your neighbours may be calling you that odd cat lady.

I might just add that I'm typing this under duress, every three seconds or so a big black furry thing is blowing raspberries at me in his sleep, good job its the front end facing me and not the back. :lol:

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2008, 06:49:18 PM »

every three seconds or so a big black furry thing is blowing raspberries at me in his sleep, good job its the front end facing me and not the back.

Is that any way to speak about your other half? :lol:
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2008, 10:33:27 PM »

I was going to suggest woodwork evening classes so you could build a little porch for Chaz, but this may be  better.

lol - it certainly would have been easier to put up. 

The one I got - I was aware that before I ordered it a few people had said the assembly instructions were very bad.. and I thought surely not.
But when it came - the number of pieces listed in the instructions werent the same.. they were very badly written and didnt tie up so in the end I resorted to guess work.  It didnt help that the pilot holes were in the wrong place.

However Im not going to complain because it was supposed to be in their half price sale, but they'd made a mistake and it was more like a quarter of the original price.  When I saw it a friend said I should order it that night.. and Im glad I did, because the next day they adjusted the price.. but let mine go through at the much lower price.

So... it was a pig to build.. it was a bit bigger than what I thought for where I wanted it to go, so I had to chop down some trees and bushes... and Ive had to make a couple of adaptations. 
But as dad said - I couldnt have bought the timber for someone to make one for what it cost.
The main thing is chaz loves it.  He's able to come in when he wants and normally does during the evenings/nights.. but during the  day he likes to sit where he can survey the back garden.. and I'm happy that he's safe in there if he falls asleep and has one of his dreamy fitty things.

>> I might just add that I'm typing this under duress, every three seconds or so a big black furry thing is blowing raspberries at me in his sleep,

Why is it that we cat lovers have this thing about not disturbing the cat in its sleep?  Many a time Ive sat longer without moving, for fear of not waking the cat whilst it looks so comfy. :no:

>> good job its the front end facing me and not the back

heh just be thankful its not my daughter's cat.  For 12 years he's always preferred his "Mickey Bickies", but last year he started eating more canned food which is put down for the others.. the result is a rather smelly digestive system :sick:
The amusing thing is that sometimes even he looks startled when he smells it and walks away, leaving a lingering smell.  Ive even seen Chaz cough, or sneeze after Mouse has let one go.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 [2]

anything