Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Monday Chat  (Read 3113 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Monday Chat
« on: October 13, 2008, 06:36:58 AM »

Morning everyone,

Stand clear....got the dreaded lurgy....courtesy of OH and boy is he suffering with it....given me an insight of what I might just be like... sob.  It's the cough that's the worst always....I'd love to know why in the recent years this awful cough is the main problem with any cold/flu....it never seems to go and hangs on for weeks, sometimes months.  Makes you wonder what weird and hellish thing they "released" amongst us some years ago that brought this about....answers on a postcard to....

Hope you all have a good day, was really warm yesterday.....not good like that at this time of year, nice to see the sun after the fog but being a warmer day than some days of our "summer", makes you think about this climate change lark.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

Oh Snap.

• Reg Member
  • You're as weak as the hearts you break.
Re: Monday Chat
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 07:09:44 AM »

*yawns*
I am not used to being up this early. But the sooner I get on a train, the sooner I'm in Lincoln....

(FYI, It's not because I'm totally lazy, it's just I work evening and night shifts, so mornings just don't happen to me)
Maybe it's not my weekend, But it's gonna be my year.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 07:11:08 AM »

Morning all. Take care with that cough Chrissie. There are as you say some very nasty ones going about these days as I found out last winter. :(

In this neck of the woods we are indeed having a few days good weather, and personally I think we deserve it after the rotten summer.
  Eric

fudgem

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 07:56:47 AM »

commiserations Chrissie, my husband has had that cough for weeks now (I'm refusing to catch it off him, just say no, you know it makes sense)

We have had some lovely weather since October came in, yesterday afternoon was a 'garden swing and book' time, just when we were thinking of covering it up for the winter.  It's still quite grey and dark here, but yesterday morning was the same, the sun is just getting a bit lazy about getting up early, hoping for better things later

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 08:05:22 AM »

Mornin all,very grey and murky here too,looks like a trip to the Hosi for me today.Got up and found earing aid has packed up (pardon).I have one for each ear but can usually get away with wearing one.Will have to phone the hearing services for an appointment later,you use to be able just to drop in but now its an appointment only system.
Its the only waiting room I know where they call out people's names and no one moves. :D
Hope your cough/flu is soon over Chrissie,good job its not 'man flu' or you would really feel rough. :angel:
UB hides under computer desk  :scare:
Have a great day whatever you are doing.  :)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 09:59:40 AM »

Morning all, a bit grey and breezy again today...........very mild.
The rain is not far away, and tomorrow is forecast as being a right storm again...........and the fileds are still waterlogged from last time.  :'(

Chrissie, sorry to hear that you are a bit under the weather...........a few hot toddies will sort that out. If they don't, at least they will cheer you up again.

UnkyUb, hearing about your hearing aid problem reminds me of my old mother, who lived until the age of one hundred and two. Hard of hearing, she refused to use an aid as, she said, "the battery thing in it will make my brain go wobbly".
You had to roar and shout at her, and you could hear her tv going at the other end of the village.  :no: Poor old soul.

Nothing on the agenda today, it's half term here and the place is full of the wee ones causing riots everywhere  ;D and TD fears that taking the next door ones for a walk along the riverbank is on the cards.

Have a good day.

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 11:17:04 AM »

Thanks for your good wishes re the cough/flu thingy... it's just not letting up this morning.... :( and I know nowt will touch it... well maybe TD's suggestion of the hot toddies might just help  ;D

Just thought I'd tell you..... I just rec'd my cheque from the council re the wrongly issued PCN they dished me out a few months back!!  Nice little cheque for £53 which I asked for....will help towards paying a little off the heating bills methinks  :D

Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 11:53:49 AM »

The toddies might not help the lurgy, but you wont give a toss whether you have it or not.  :D

Well done on defeating the council.............could for you.  :clap:

ps never mind spending the money on your heating bills........................just have even more toddies.............now that is real central heating.!  ;D

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 01:34:43 PM »

Saturday shopping was interesting, forgot the french market was in Norwich this weekend, it was packed. Still treated a 14year old to make-up, shoes and bits & pieces so I'm about £110 lighter although £55 was points on my boots card. Worth it, she was so happy. She's kept quiet dispite her young brother understandably getting all the attention and bits a pieces. her only possetions until recently a few clothes, bedside cabinet and a lamp

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 03:42:30 PM »

Morning All,
It's about 1030am here in Montreal. Just recovering from a barbie last night. Opened all my birthday presents this morning and Canada decided to have their Thanksgiving Day on the same day as my birthday this year so everyone is celebrating today.
Will be back home on the 20th but may suffer a bit of jet lag so will see you all next week sometime.

dave.m

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 04:55:52 PM »

Happy Birthday Dave from forum land,glad you are having a good time,safe journey home.

scottiesmum

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2008, 04:59:07 PM »

Oh my aching feet   !!!    had a loooooooooong walk yesterday through the vineyards up and down dale etc ....   in the HEAT  !!!!!  today was culture day, walked our socks off     !   stopping for refreshment and lunch as and when appropriate  ....  we're back home exhausted to a very cross Scotty
 ( but he would not have enjoyed today) ....... we did though    ;D      Extremely warm 31°   here ....  in fact it could bubble up and thunder  :o   ..... tomorrow we are winding down and it will be a 'terrace day'  ...... 

Shame you missed the French market Ezzer..... but you sound as though you spent your money well   ... what a kind gesture ! 

Keep taking the liquids Chrissie ....  also, if you can bear to ...  chew a garlic clove  .....  I love it   .... it works wonders on colds, coughs and sore throats ...also good rubbed on cuts  ....      get well soon.....

TD   ..  keep your webbed feet dry  :'(   seriously, hope you don't have a repeat performance .......

I think it's aperitif time  .....    bonne santé all !  :drunk:

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 12:16:13 AM »

Hey Dave.

Good to hear from you and hope youre having a fantastic time.

Hoping you have a very happy birthday.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything