Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Is This England or is it..................  (Read 5849 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Is This England or is it..................
« on: September 29, 2008, 11:11:42 AM »

I have been following this local topic with great interest.

http://tinyurl.com/4wp3jm

dave.m

• Kitizen
Re: Is This England or is it..................
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 11:25:16 AM »

A statement from Coun Shaffaq Mohammed, cabinet member for climate change

I am saying nowt!

dave

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 11:32:23 AM »

I Know what you mean   :no:

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 08:21:09 PM »

If I put my thoughts down in writing, I would be arrested  :no:
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 10:18:17 PM »

Daves already picked out the one thing that struck me too.

Ive lost count of the number of times over the years and friends and I have had conversations that this country is going crazy...  and it often appears that its the UK/white/christian/normal people that are often discriminated against.

Its almost like theres one rule for "them" and another for "us".
There used to be a policy at work where "No facial piercings were allowed"..  yet when visiting Preston Branch there were 3 Asian members of staff who had nose piercings.. yet it wasn't permittable for anyone else.
I wont even start on passport photos - "Head coverings on religious grounds are allowed".
Does that mean that if I wear a hat every time I go into church, I'd be allowed to wear one in my photo then eh? :-X
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 11:37:37 PM »

Is this the type of thing that we all feel?

Mr Grieve, speaking on the eve of the Conservative Party conference, argued this had led to support for extremism. He also warned against downplaying Britain's Christian heritage.

Mr Grieve told the Guardian: "We've actually done something terrible to ourselves in Britain.

"In the name of trying to prepare people for some new multicultural society we've encouraged people, particularly the sort of long-term inhabitants, to say 'well your cultural background isn't really very important'."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7639047.stm

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 07:35:12 AM »

You like thousands of others.

The bottom line is we are supposed to be a christian country,yet we are being made to feel the minority. I am sick and tired of this country giving in to pressure from other faiths.Lets be right here,no one made them come and live here.Do we get the same treatment in Muslim countries.
When you speak out all you get is 'the human rights card.   >:(     Its organisations like this one which is causing the tension amongst British people.You only have listen to conversations in pubs and clubs to realise the people are sick to the back teeth of being treat like the minority in their own country.

http://www.liberty-human-rights.org.uk/index.shtml

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 07:55:28 AM »

You like thousands of others.

The bottom line is we are supposed to be a christian country,yet we are being made to feel the minority. I am sick and tired of this country giving in to pressure from other faiths.Lets be right here,no one made them come and live here.Do we get the same treatment in Muslim countries.
When you speak out all you get is 'the human rights card.   >:(     Its organisations like this one which is causing the tension amongst British people.You only have listen to conversations in pubs and clubs to realise the people are sick to the back teeth of being treat like the minority in their own country.

http://www.liberty-human-rights.org.uk/index.shtml

Oh don't start me off on things like this, like Mike I'd be arrested!!!  You all have the same feelings as I do though and so do many, many other people who feel like second class citizens in their OWN country......  there will be a civil war here in not too many years down the line..... hopefully I won't be around to see it but I'm scared for the next generation who will have to bear the brunt of the crazy dangerous society this has become.
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 11:00:19 AM »

What do you think would happen to the first copper who wanted to start a "White Police Officers Association"?

I have also seen a bus running around Manchester with "The Asian Womens Transport" painted on the side.

As this thread is getting a bit 'heavy' (my posts included), I thought this might lighten it up.

I was at Manchester Airport and saw a bus which was waiting to pick up foreign students arriving to start their education in England.
On the side of it was marked . . .

"The Liverpool School Of English"    :o :o

Sorry, Scousers, but my imagination ran away with me.
Picture it, a Chineese Air Traffic Controller at Beijing Airport,
"Right there Lah! Cummon dahn Wack"
"OK Ar kid, after de plane whats cummin dahn, youse can get ready to go".

dave

« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 11:02:28 AM by dave.m »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 11:38:02 AM »

>> Is this the type of thing that we all feel?

That wasn't really the point I was making..  it was more to do with how special allowances are made in some instances.

eg
Asian staff were allowed nose piercings but not "us".
"We" arent allowed to wear anything covering our head/hair on our passport photos, but its ok for a muslim woman to wear a hijab in her UK passport photo.
Burials can take place on a Saturday for Muslims but not for "us".
If I call a person from Nigeria a Nigger, then I'd be racist... but its OK for a black person to call a white person a Honky.

If youre going to have rules then they have to be across the board for all individuals regardless of race/colour/creed/religion.

If I go to countries that have rules, then I expect fully to comply with the laws of that land.  If I went to certain Islamic countries then I would have to obey the rules and wear a scarf/cover up etc.  If you dont like the rules then dont go there.

I have absolutely no problem if certain people wish to dress certain ways, or follow certain beliefs.  The colour of someones skin doesnt bother me in the slightest, nor do I care which "God" they worship. But what is causing a lot of grief for some people is the special rules that are put in place in this country that differentiates these people and appears to give them priority/preference. 
Its a warped inverse type of racism... and its the double standards which IMHO causes so much bad feeling - not the fact that they have a different religion etc.

Racism or racial discrimination is when a prejudice or preference is given to a certain race.
Racism is racism no matter which way round or which side of the fence it is coming from.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

Floydoid

• Senior Kitizen
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 11:45:49 AM »

I was at Manchester Airport and saw a bus which was waiting to pick up foreign students arriving to start their education in England.

The only thing that could have been worse... 'The Birmingham School of Elocution'. :o
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 06:27:54 AM »

>> Is this the type of thing that we all feel?

That wasn't really the point I was making..  it was more to do with how special allowances are made in some instances.

eg
Asian staff were allowed nose piercings but not "us".
"We" arent allowed to wear anything covering our head/hair on our passport photos, but its ok for a muslim woman to wear a hijab in her UK passport photo.
Burials can take place on a Saturday for Muslims but not for "us".
If I call a person from Nigeria a Nigger, then I'd be racist... but its OK for a black person to call a white person a Honky.

If youre going to have rules then they have to be across the board for all individuals regardless of race/colour/creed/religion.

If I go to countries that have rules, then I expect fully to comply with the laws of that land.  If I went to certain Islamic countries then I would have to obey the rules and wear a scarf/cover up etc.  If you dont like the rules then dont go there.

I have absolutely no problem if certain people wish to dress certain ways, or follow certain beliefs.  The colour of someones skin doesnt bother me in the slightest, nor do I care which "God" they worship. But what is causing a lot of grief for some people is the special rules that are put in place in this country that differentiates these people and appears to give them priority/preference. 
Its a warped inverse type of racism... and its the double standards which IMHO causes so much bad feeling - not the fact that they have a different religion etc.

Racism or racial discrimination is when a prejudice or preference is given to a certain race.
Racism is racism no matter which way round or which side of the fence it is coming from.

Totally agree and endorse everything you've said here Kitz....it's the way I feel too, if everything was equal then I would be happy, but it's not and never will be!
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

grumpy old man

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2008, 09:22:06 PM »

I agree with all comments made here.  If I went to live in a Muslim country I would expect to live by their rules not mine, it's just another example of the sorry state that this country has got into.

gom

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 01:32:41 PM »

What do you think would happen to the first copper who wanted to start a "White Police Officers Association"?

I have also seen a bus running around Manchester with "The Asian Womens Transport" painted on the side.

As this thread is getting a bit 'heavy' (my posts included), I thought this might lighten it up.

Thanks Dave, you reminded me of this sketch

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0wR8BfBSQVA&feature=related  :lol:

Sorry, Scousers, but my imagination ran away with me.
Picture it, a Chineese Air Traffic Controller at Beijing Airport,
"Right there Lah! Cummon dahn Wack"
"OK Ar kid, after de plane whats cummin dahn, youse can get ready to go".

dave

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 02:29:05 PM »

:lol:  very funny
-----

anything