Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tescos are finally defeated!  (Read 7348 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Tescos are finally defeated!
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 12:03:38 PM »

Whilst its nice now that we have a local Asda and youre able to get everything all under one roof..  I do actually miss some of the smaller stores (our local Somerfields which was across the road from the new Asda location has had to close down).

At first I thought it was easier to get everything together..  and I thought that it saved me time because I used to get some things from some places and other things from elsewhere and choosing what meat the butcher had on special that day.

However, Im not so sure about time saving..  it seems to take me ages to go round Asda, where as Im sure I used to just buy my meat and be out of the butchers, maybe a 2 min chat whilst purchasing etc..  but on the whole I dont think it took that much longer.  One thing I am sure about is that I spend way too much when I do go round  Asda as I'm always tempted and buy more than I originally went in for.

I still use my local Tesco Express a lot, ok it may be a few pennies dearer for some things, but overall I dont seem to spend as much... by buying stuff I dont really need if that makes sense>
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Floydoid

• Senior Kitizen
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Re: Tescos are finally defeated!
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2008, 01:33:23 PM »

One thing I am sure about is that I spend way too much when I do go round  Asda as I'm always tempted and buy more than I originally went in for.

Supermarket planners realise that and use it to their advantage... why else do you think all the staple items that people buy - such as bread, milk, eggs, baked beans, cereals, tea&coffee, fruit&veg, meat, etc - are so far apart from each other? 

That's right, to make you hike round the whole darned place and (hopefully) spend more money with them.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."
Pages: 1 [2]