Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: BT Business FTTC and Fastpath  (Read 1215 times)

Waynee

• Just arrived
BT Business FTTC and Fastpath
« on: May 24, 2024, 05:27:47 PM »

Hi, I'm thinking for getting Business BT FTTC, is it possible to get the line set to Fast Path?

mofa2020

• Reg Member
Re: BT Business FTTC and Fastpath
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2024, 01:14:44 PM »

Hi Waynee, welcome to the forum :)

Although I am not from UK but I have been around the forum for sometime and have some knowledge about FTTC in UK.. So for your question I think there will be no technical differences between residential and business FTTC Plans i.e if you get connected to Huawei cabinet on Business BT FTTC line will probably be Fastpath (both DS/US) and G.INP (on DS) and in case of ECI cabinet the line will probably be on Fastpath like on Huawei ones but G.INP might be not enabled.. (Last time I heard about ECI G.INP it was not wide spread as I believe, do not know what the situation is now.)

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2024, 07:01:49 PM »

I'm not aware that a line can but set to Fastpath but unless it's a pretty bad line that is almost certainly what you'll get, certainly on a Huawei cabinet with G.INP. If you are on an ECI cabinet things are less clear cut as most I believe still don't have G.INP enabled so if there are significant errors DLM may resort to interleaving to resolve them.
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2024, 10:47:33 AM »

Hi, I'm thinking for getting Business BT FTTC, is it possible to get the line set to Fast Path?

Not possible. It isn't possible with any Openreach based FTTC regardless of provider.

Providers can only choose the DLM policy. They can't pick interleaved/fastpath etc. The DLM determines that on its own.

If it's a Huawei cabinet then G.INP will be enabled on the downstream by default.
If it's an ECI cabinet then who knows. It appears they resolved the G.INP issues but I'm not certain it's enabled all round.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM