Announcements > News Articles

Freeola 1.2Gbps and 1.8Gbps FTTP

(1/3) > >>

adslmax:
https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2024/05/freeola-launch-1-2gbps-and-1-8gbps-openreach-uk-broadband-plans.html

meritez:

--- Quote ---Internet and web hosting provider Freeola has informed ISPreview that they’ve just become the latest on a small list of UK ISPs to launch consumer home broadband packages based off Openreach’s new Fibre-to-the-Premises (FTTP) powered 1.2Gbps and 1.8Gbps (both 120Mbps upstream) download speed tiers.
--- End quote ---

But:

--- Quote ---One crucial point to make here is that both of these plans are sold alongside a short 30-day contract and include a static IP address, much like all their other packages. But customers will need to pay extra if they want to add a pre-configured broadband router to their package, which might be wise given that the new tiers will benefit from having a higher end device with a 2.5Gbps LAN port.
--- End quote ---

kitz:

--- Quote ---speeds of 1.6Gbps for £73
--- End quote ---

Wow, its not that long ago that I thought things may top off at 1Gbp for a while.   Instead it seems like a race as to who can provide the fastest.
I just hope it doesnt affect routine service speeds.   There will always be a group chasing the highest speeds and using it.  If you get a pile of heavy downloaders there is potential for starting to see signs of congestion.   Yes we have WDM for the backhauls, but there surely are still other points on the network could see congestion, say at handover.

Will you be chasing those speeds Max ?

Dwight:
Not at their prices! :(
Makes EE, A&A , ZEN quiet reasonable! ;) ;)

adslmax:

--- Quote from: kitz on May 23, 2024, 09:56:24 AM ---Will you be chasing those speeds Max ?

--- End quote ---

Nope, as speed isn't everything. I learned from that now. As for me, when FTTP become available, I will stick to those range 160/30 or 330/50 - that's more than enough for two of us in the household. But again, if the price is bargain for 330 than 160 I take it but it won't be Freeola ISP. Probably go to Plusnet FTTP 145.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version