Broadband Related > ISPs

FTTP Package Upgrade

<< < (2/3) > >>

Dwight:

--- Quote from: art37 on May 01, 2024, 05:13:18 PM ---I am looking at upgrading my FTTP package. My present ISP has been very good for the past 2 years. If I upgrade my ISP will require me to takeout a new 12 month contract (fair enough), but it will not offer me the discount it offers to new customers.

As my insurers are not allowed to price discriminate against existing customers, I just wonder how long it will be before ISPs are required to follow similar rules of fairness?

--- End quote ---

Tell them your leaving! Unless you get the better price, and see what that does. ;) ;) :D :D

meritez:

--- Quote from: art37 on May 01, 2024, 05:13:18 PM ---I am looking at upgrading my FTTP package. My present ISP has been very good for the past 2 years. If I upgrade my ISP will require me to takeout a new 12 month contract (fair enough), but it will not offer me the discount it offers to new customers.

As my insurers are not allowed to price discriminate against existing customers, I just wonder how long it will be before ISPs are required to follow similar rules of fairness?

--- End quote ---

Sounds like you need a better ISP, name and shame.

tubaman:
Certainly with BT I've found that if you get through to the Retentions department they can offer better deals than Sales can.

art37:
Life is never simple. 500Mbps package prices have fallen. EE, for example, is offering this speed package for £34.99 per month. Zen is priced at £45 per month, and my present ISP has reduced its monthly price by £5/month to £50 per month, but it has kept my present 330Mbps package at £45 per month. By comparison, Zen would give me a 330Mbps package for £40 per month with a free Fritz!Box albeit with an 18 month contract.  :-\

Dwight:
Hi Art37
If your not a WFHer, then I would go where your wallet is kept heavier! All the ISPs are using the same OR fibre to get to your house. So unless you need some special service, you'll be better off with the cheaper of the the big brands.
Especially as you seem to be using the most expensive one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version