Computers & Hardware > Networking

AAISP L2TP trouble with /29 block

(1/1)

wiz0211:
Hi Everyone!

First post on here so please go easy!

I've currently got a ZTE MC888 5G router with an unlimited data sim from Vodafone - getting decent speeds and overall happy with the service except for the CGNAT. So, I subscribed to the residential L2TP package from AAISP and I'm really pleased so far but I'm looking to turn my old computer into a server running ESXi for some homelab stuff.

I sent an email to AA support who happily assigned me a public /29 subnet but I cant for the life of me figure out how to use it properly. When I connect one computer (or router), the other disconnects from the original /32 IP. I played around with the IP routing priorities on the control panel and managed to get it to assign the first IP from the /29 block but having the same issue where I cant connect more than 1 device at once.

When I looked at the RADIUS logs, it shuts off one connection when I dial in from another device (I've tried connecting from another device on my LAN and outside of it).

Could it be because of the devices being behind the same router ? Do I need any extra equipment to setup static routes or bridge the L2TP IP to a physical interface (isn't possible with the ZTE).

My current setup:

ZTE --> Meraki MS120 -- > APs, Phones, PC (and eventually ESXi server)

Many Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version