Broadband Related > Telephony Wiring + Equipment

Roofing guys cut of Pots line

(1/4) > >>

NewtronStar:
Had some work done on the front of the house Sofits and Fascia to uPVC both FTTC and FTTP is connected to old fascia board but as it had to be updated the contracter removed old pots cable from Fascia and coiled it up then put ladders up to DP pole and snipped it half way up the the pole is this ok with BT Openreach ?

tonygibbs16:
My thoughts are that maybe and maybe not, as follows:

* I think that it is made safe as far as the roofers were concerned, but I think that Openreach would be likely to charge to reinstate  your services.

* FTTC might be ok as your roofers are likely to have cut a copper dropwire.

* FTTP might not react well to have its optical fibre overhead service being cut, and so might cost more for Openreach to reinstate your services.

Cheers,
    Tony

Alex Atkin UK:
I find it very unlikely they will be happy, its their property and nobody but them has a right to remove it.  If its hanging loose off the DP, would that not pose a hazard in high winds?

dee.jay:
Oh wow - that is not good news!

Why on earth did they cut the cable?

NewtronStar:
I dont now why they did but they said the hook to old pots cable on eves was so corroded it would break when trying to fit it back again did have a look before it was removed and yes it was very bad after say forty years

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version