* Windows AI Copilot <-- sigh
* AI-powered file recommendations in File Explorer and Start  <-- oh dear
* AI review summaries in Microsoft Store <-- this will surely end well
* A new AI Hub for AI-powered apps in the Microsoft Store
* Taskbar app labels and general improvements
* New sound output menu
* A new Settings homepage
* Native RGB peripheral controls  <-- actually useful for some people
* A new File Explorer design with more modern interfaces <-- I wont hold my breath, it just gets less and less user friendly each time
* In-box support for more archive formats like .RAR   <-- actually something useful
* A new File Explorer "Gallery" feature <-- as opposed to making it more user friendly like it used to be
* A new cloud-based backup and restore feature  <-- actually useful
* Snipping Tool and Notepad improvements
* Inking directly into text boxes
* General accessibility improvements <-- I will believe that when I see it
* Account recommendations in Start and Settings
* HDR desktop wallpaper support
* New Windows Spotlight wallpaper UIhttps://www.windowscentral.com/software-apps/windows-11/windows-11-version-23h2-review

HPsauce:
Looks like we have about four weeks to wait for general release.
Hopefully they will still allow local accounts and not force a Microsoft account on you as they try very hard to on the Home edition.  >:(

Chrysalis:
AI stuff will be fun I am sure. :)

I noticed its part of Office 365, so cant escape it on Windows 10.  The AI process continuously running in the background.

More modern interfaces I am guessing means more friendly for touch device type UI, so more padding, bigger UI, less options etc.  But maybe they will surprise me.

tubaman:
I'll be interested to see the 'more modern' interface in File Explorer as IMHO the Win 11 version is worse than the Win 10 one. Why can't they just leave stuff that works alone!

Alex Atkin UK:

--- Quote from: Chrysalis on September 12, 2023, 01:13:41 PM ---More modern interfaces I am guessing means more friendly for touch device type UI, so more padding, bigger UI, less options etc.  But maybe they will surprise me.

--- End quote ---

Irony is, I never found the touch improvements much of an improvement and given things like the keyboard only auto-activate when a touchscreen is detected, why couldn't they keep the old UI and only use the new one when a touchscreen is connected?

PS.  This forum is REALLY slow today.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version