Computer Software > Windows 11

problems with win11 install.....

(1/5) > >>

skyeci:
Hi

hoping some pc/os whizz can offer some support as I have ran out of ideas...
My pc runs windows 10 and has done for some time with absolutely no crashes or issues. I fancied trying out windows 11using a new SSD as I know from past experience you can sometimes run into problems with in place upgrades...

basic pc info
asus z590 - patched to latest bios and intel ME update applied.
i9 10th gen cpu
32GB ram
for this exercise 1 X  new1tb SSD

so I upgraded the bios and downloaded the Windows 11 ISO which was all ok.
No matter what I try the install completes but upon reboot I will get a bsod before windows 11 install/setup 1st boot continues. No error codes just random error messages such as "system_service_exception" or "kmode_exception_not_handled". The pc will then reboot and provide another stop message and continually loop with a different stop message for evermore.
If I then revert back to my win 10 SSD build all is well and no issues.

Carrying out a pc health check for windows 11 on my working win10 build reports no issues and passes all tests.

What else can I try as I just can't get it past the point where it crashes. Its almost as if even though all the hardware checks out for win11 something is clearly not compatible.  I do have to provide a driver at the start of the win11 install for the intel sata driver and I am using the one provided through the asus board support page which states its for windows 11 and the install files are written during the process so I am assuming thats ok

Very frustrating as windows 10 works on the same machine just fine..

thanks

Alex Atkin UK:
That's really odd, you shouldn't be needing to provide an Intel SATA driver.  It is set to AHCI in the BIOS, right?  Are you using EFI boot?

skyeci:
Well I am using the hardware intel based raid storage controller as my drives are configured for mirroring. I am fairly sure if I switch it back I will lose the raid configuration and probably the data when it's switched back which isn't ideal. Without the driver the drives can't be seen by windows. This is how it works in my windows 10 setup perfectly well.

It has given me an idea though. I think I will back up all the data to external drives first then disable intel rst which will turn off raid and probably lose the mirror but then try windows 11 install again. If it completes with no issues and runs then maybe it's something to do with the asus intel driver if not then who knows.
Xmp profile for ram is already off so no overclocking of cpu or ram is enabled.uefi boot is on.

Data backups running so will give this a try...

parkdale:
I would take a screen shot of all the Bios settings (Press F12), Then set Bios to default, test install Windows 11 to new drive, disconnect all other disks!.
Have you mirrored Windows 10 Drive? or just the data disks?

You could mirror the drives in Windows 11, rather than on the Motherboard.

skyeci:
So after backing up the data and disconnecting drives then using a new ssd and default bios settings and no raid still no joy with win 11. Ran the install, drive detected. Install ran through. Blue screen on 1st boot with same as before "system service exception"

Win 10 still works... all be it due to turning off my raid settings all the raid stuff is gone but not a problem as I have the back ups...

Any other ideas please

Just don't get it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version