Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Zyxel VMG325B10C got stuck and had to be power cycled.  (Read 1872 times)

machare

Zyxel VMG325B10C got stuck and had to be power cycled.
« on: March 10, 2023, 10:10:41 PM »

I have had a 2nd hand Zyxel VMG325B10C for a number of years.  It is in a property which is not always occupied and is useful because it allows access to the cameras and burglar alarm.  It recently stopped working properly. The VDSL connection to Plusnet was not active and when I got to the site I could not connect to the wifi. I powered it off and on and it is now working fine.

So what should I do to stop this problem happening again?  Would it be a good idea to reboot it every 2 months or so. I can do this remotely.

Anyone had a similar experience? 

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Zyxel VMG325B10C got stuck and had to be power cycled.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 10:46:06 PM »

So what should I do to stop this problem happening again?  Would it be a good idea to reboot it every 2 months or so. I can do this remotely.

Hmm . . .  :hmm:  It's difficult to say. Please remember that a system reboot is different from power-cycling the device and the two could have different outcomes.

Perhaps think about a time-switch that could be programmed to power off the ZyXEL device, once a week, for a half-hour period and then power it back on.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: Zyxel VMG325B10C got stuck and had to be power cycled.
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2023, 11:23:24 PM »

Considering its a recent development, if it keeps happening I'd replace the PSU to see if that helps.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

anything