Broadband Related > ADSL Issues

My friend farmhouse

(1/3) > >>

adslmax:
I do feel sorry for my friend who live in the middle of no where in his farmhouse as Openreach are not available for any FTTC, G.fast, FTTPoD or FTTP. Only Adsl2+ up to 16Meg.

I check his router, seem he very close to the exchange with maximum data rate of 21Mbps for upstream but 16Mbps for downstream. Plusnet only giving him download with 12Meg and upload of 832kbps (why?)

Openreach told him if he want full fibre, it cost him £29k  :no: as FTTP are no chance for his farmhouse.

He did try airband 40/10 but it pretty awful, cancelled it. He got 8 CCTV, 4K tv for netflix. Is that enough speed for his current 12Meg?

Engineer told him his line is approx 359m (Estimate to Distribution Point) his exchange is STOTTESDON

j0hn:
That upstream is impossible on ADSL.

Can he send you the full stats from the technical log section of wherever it is on a Hub One?

adslmax:

--- Quote from: j0hn on January 30, 2023, 09:28:34 PM ---That upstream is impossible on ADSL.

Can he send you the full stats from the technical log section of wherever it is on a Hub One?

--- End quote ---

I was there did checked on his plusnet router in techinical log section helpdesk. Very odd to see ADSL2+ 21Mbps upstream? I took the screenshot from his router today. I did rebooted his router come back the same result 21Mbps upstream.

I told him to ask Plusnet for GEA Test if the GEA Test confirmed max rate of 21Mbps for upstream then it rather odd!

Iain:
It is no good just showing a little of the info, you need to show the complete Help Desk tab, only hiding personal info, not the important bits.

adslmax:
Well I did one off speedtest was 12.7Mbps down and 801Kbps up cos I do remember when I was on old plusnet ADSL2+ I get 16Meg down and 1292kbps up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version