Broadband Related > ADSL Issues

Disabling Annex M

(1/3) > >>

lemzip:
Hi,

After being around a long time ago in the adsl game, I have fell into the unfortunate house purchase with terrible internet and am back in it.

In addition to that, I have also skimped on broadband am on NowTV's £18 a month service using their supplied modem/router.

It looks like im on Annex M as my upload has increased and lowered my download. It also doesnt look like im on fastpath anymore and I only use this for gaming.

Support dont know what I mean so Im looking to see if there is any router based options to turn off Annex M. I cant for the life of me remember but think a DG834GT used to do this?

The router also needs to work on sky based auth. Any recommendations for me to get off Annex M?

Thanks

Alex Atkin UK:
That would be very strange, I've not heard of Annex M in years and assumed nobody used it since Be Broadband got bought out.

HPsauce:
Didn't Sky buy Be, maybe it's a legacy of that somehow?

Alex Atkin UK:
I'd assume its a glitch, as you had to request it explicitly on Be and it only really worked on very short lines.  I don't think it let you sync using anything else when it was enabled though.

lemzip:
ahh maybe im mistaken.

I actually was on sky at this property before for the first year. I sync'd at 17/800.

Since switching to nowtv, its 15/1.2 - could it be a interleaving thing perhaps?

Plugging the old sky router in gives the same 15/1.2. Sky also had my snr down to 3db where now it never moves from 6.

Not really noticed anything wrong with the line besides the ping increase.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version