Computers & Hardware > Hardware - Deals & Bargains

Intel P4600 2Tb

(1/7) > >>

parkdale:
Absolute bargain ;D used to be silly money!!!
https://www.novatech.co.uk/products/intel-solid-state-drive-dc-p4600-series-solid-state-drive-encrypted-2-tb-internal-pcie-card-hhhl-pci-express-3-1-x4-nvme-256-bit-aes/ssdpedke020t701.html

Alex Atkin UK:
Because nobody has any PCIe slots any more, modern boards they just replace them with M.2 NVMe instead.

Frustrated by this myself as I have one x16 for GPU, one x16 (x8 internally) used for a NIC and a x1 used for WiFi.

On another board I only have one x16 for GPU and one x16 (x8) for NIC.  All spare slots are NVMe.

Chrysalis:
So I am not alone then in this, I also have the opinion I dont like they replacing pcie slots with m.2 slots.

I use a pcie to m.2 card in my main PC its far easier than dealing with fiddly m.2 on the board.

Also thanks for sharing, I snatched the last one up, that is indeed a great price.

Alex Atkin UK:
Precisely, its silly as converting PCIe to multiple M.2 is easy and has potential for better air cooling.
Converting M.2 to PCIe is a pain as you then need somewhere to install the card and to trust random Chinese adapters.

parkdale:
I did have a spare pcie x4 slot and x16 slot on my Asus Tuf Gaming Z690 D4, Alderlake i12700.. but do I need more storage?  :-\

Currently have WD Black 850 1Tb, Samsung 980pro with heat sink 1Tb, Samsung 1Tb 870 Qvo and Seagate ST2000DM001-1ER164 2Tb, Also Synology DS 218Play 2x WD Red 4Tb in mirror mode. So still have 2 M.2 drive slots to use up.

I was trying to work out how many spare Pcie lanes I had left to use up  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version