Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Removing DLM banding.  (Read 3178 times)

adslmax

• Kitizen
Re: Removing DLM banding.
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2022, 11:35:56 PM »

Hi Kitz I am sure you can get your line banded removed by request to your ISP as your line has been banded for a very long time. I am sure the ISP won't mind Openreach to resetted your line to get the banded removed. Happy Xmas to you and wish every members on this site a very happy xmas as well.

Does your area got any good 5G mobile broadband as I am using my mobile phone 4G/5G hotspot as I was surprise 1p by EE mobile (data only with 50GB) got download speed of 156Meg and upload speed of 78meg (that fastest than my old G.fast 160/30). The best speed is I getting is download speed of 804Meg and upload of 81Meg with 5G again fastest than my old G.fast 240/40 (using same mobile phone) with Smarty unlimited data down the road of my house as my house only support 4G as the 5G is too far from the Mast at Stafford Park 18, Telford.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 11:39:08 PM by adslmax »

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2022, 10:59:38 AM »

Hi Kitz I am sure you can get your line banded removed by request to your ISP as your line has been banded for a very long time. I am sure the ISP won't mind Openreach to resetted your line to get the banded removed. Happy Xmas to you and wish every members on this site a very happy xmas as well.

The banding has adjusted though, which would suggest there would be no point getting it removed as it will just engage again.

The only time you need your ISP to remove banding is if its stuck, where DLM is failing to increase/remove the banding limit when your line condition has improved.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2022, 12:09:36 PM »

Kitz having the banding removed will without doubt remove G.INP from her line, probably forever.
She has to balance a few extra Mb/s against additional stability.
The line might simply revert to interleaving when reset which wouldn't give much of a jump in sync speed anyway.

I can't see there ever being another attempt at fixing G.INP on ECI cabinets.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2022, 07:09:54 PM »

@max
I mentioned an ISP reset in my first post.... and the reason why I hadn't approached them.
There's the chance that a DLM reset would move me back to the standard ECI DLM profile ie interleave

I could try asking my ISP for a reset but I have no idea how that would affect the fact I am on an ECI cab with G.INP.  I suspect it would remove me from the ECI G.inp trial.

As J0hn points out, if g.inp was removed, then there is absolutely no path for me to get it re-enabled again.  Openreach seems to have abandoned all hope of a g.inp fix for the ECI DSLAMs.  :(
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2022, 11:10:18 PM »

Damn, damn and blast it.    I think I may have just blown any increases.... and DLM will surely take action tonight. 

I wasnt aware. The downside of g.inp is that all data fails when this happens ...  unlike interleave which does at least let data crawl through at a slow speed.     

Its a moot point anyhow as I hadnt had time to reconfigure dslstats properly yet from when HG612 modem stats filled up a 1TB drive :(

I dont think the DLM will miss seeing these amounts of errors that continued generating until I rebooted the modem  :'(
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2022, 03:55:27 PM »

If you want banding removed, can't you just get your ISP to do a remote DLM reset, which I understand is now possible?

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2022, 04:48:24 PM »

If you want banding removed, can't you just get your ISP to do a remote DLM reset, which I understand is now possible?

Yes, that facility has been available to ISPs for quite a while but . . .

Quote from: kitz
I suppose I could try asking my ISP for a reset but I have no idea how that would affect the fact I am on an ECI cab with G.INP.  I suspect it would remove me from the ECI G.inp trial.

And . . .

Quote from: kitz
I mentioned an ISP reset in my first post.... and the reason why I hadn't approached them.
There's the chance that a DLM reset would move me back to the standard ECI DLM profile ie interleave
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.
Pages: 1 2 [3]