Broadband Related > Telephony Wiring + Equipment

master socket 5C question

(1/3) > >>

skyeci:
Hope someone can help. Now my copper is no longer in use our 5c socket sticks out in the hallway as all my equipment has moved to the garage in a comms cab where my fttp is now located.  The back part of the 5c is recessed in the wall and openreach wouldn't remove the copper even though I don't want it anymore.
Is there a part I can get to replace the clip on MK4 cover part so its reasonably back to flush?, with the extended part removed it's not covering up the internal gubbins...

thanks in advance - thoughts etc

stevebrass:
I would take the whole thing off. Carefully remove the wires connected to it, one by one and tape the ends up with insulation tape or insulate them in some other way. Push the wiring back into the recess. Fit a widely available blanking plate.

Or plaster over.

I know the wiring up to and including the master socket is OR property but in these days of copper phase out I can’t see OR being too bothered. In any event he copper to your property is still there, just not terminated with a master socket.

skyeci:
Good idea thanks. Screwfix do 1 gang plates for under a pound so I will look into that. Copper is disconnected anyway but I will insulate what's there.

Weaver:
Most heartfelt congratulations on getting FTTP. Every one a day of joy.

Chrysalis:
Keep it for good old memories of that copper DSL and ECI quality. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version