Chat > Tech Chat

corrupt windows, game and gigabit switch because of power failure

(1/3) > >>

neil:
windows got corrupted because of power failure. The Gigabit switch was also acting weird, reflashed it with latest firmware and now it's working fine. And the 100GB game also got corrupted because download was interrupted.

So, my question is developers don't account for these things?  Maybe I am unlucky  :'(

burakkucat:
As I understand it, you have successfully managed to recover both hardware devices? So now you just need to restart a download of the game.

How often do experience power failures? If they are a fairly regular occurrences then perhaps you should consider investing in a combined power-conditioner and UPS. 

neil:

--- Quote from: burakkucat on October 07, 2022, 05:56:38 PM ---As I understand it, you have successfully managed to recover both hardware devices? So now you just need to restart a download of the game.

How often do experience power failures? If they are a fairly regular occurrences then perhaps you should consider investing in a combined power-conditioner and UPS. 

--- End quote ---

power failures are a daily occurrence. From my topic headline, it feels like I got all errors at same time. But no, I noticed issues over a span of time and decided to post about it today.

Yes, I repaired windows by installing it again and keeping all settings and files. Switch is fine after reflashing the firmware. And the game is not fine. I get fatal errors during gameplay and it says scan and repair using game built in tool. But it is not able to fix it hundred percent. I keep getting fatal error during gameplay for different file everytime.

burakkucat:

--- Quote from: neil on October 07, 2022, 06:16:54 PM ---. . . the game is not fine. I get fatal errors during gameplay and it says scan and repair using game built in tool. But it is not able to fix it hundred percent. I keep getting fatal error during gameplay for different file everytime.

--- End quote ---

That is unfortunate. Other than downloading a new copy, I'm not sure what else you could do.

Alex Atkin UK:
I'd want to try another copy as if it still happens I'd be concerned there was also a power surge that has somehow damaged the CPU or RAM.

Are other games okay?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version