Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Friday Chat  (Read 1828 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Friday Chat
« on: August 22, 2008, 08:19:41 AM »

Morning each,

How y'doing?  Don't know what the weather holds but it's grey ish out there but no rain yet....sshhh....don't tell anyone.

Have a good day wherever you are.   Yorkie.... hope your knee is better by now....did you manage to get to the Co-op lolol - ahem.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Friday Chat
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 09:28:19 AM »

Here's a word of warning.

I think I need to award myself the prize pilchard of the week award.  :wall:

In a hurry and trying to connect a test router to check a line, the power connection dosn't fit, then notice the outer metal surround has got squashed, so out come some pliers to reshape it.

Silly mistake No.1, trying to plug in a power adaptor into something after powering up the adaptor  :no:

No.2 Very stupid mistake trying to sort an electrical appliance whilst it's still got power connected  :o

I concider myself to be carefull when doing such things, Just goes to show less haste, more speed (and less sparks)  ???

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 09:31:07 AM »

Ye, Ezzer, you shouldn't really reshape a Plug connector whilst it is switched on! You could hurt yourself :o
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 09:38:00 AM »

That's one way to turn yourself into as bright boy Ezzer.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 10:11:29 AM »

Now you know why people wear woolly hats, it stops their brain from getting hypothermia.

Knee is slightly better thank you Chrissie, just back from co-op set off at 8 a.m., only joking, but it was a slow walk shuffle there and back.

Just paid £3.16 for a small chicken and thats with 20% off, probably the last one I shall buy till christmas, they used to cost £2.89. I wonder how much M&S are these days.

This week is really hissing me off, waited for Tesco Vouchers to arrive, which they did yesterday, to add to the ones I've already got and one of the items I wanted is now discontinued.   Grrrrr

Also had to do a restore on lappy this morning, opened Adobe PDF reader and instead of opening folder it deleted it, not to the recycle bin, just deleted it. I swear I did nothing more than I usually do. Before any one says use Foxit I have but found it could not handle printing out some census pages, they just came out completely black and wasted a lot of ink. That was on old computer with old printer, I may give it another try, I liked the fact you could add text to documents, which is useful on some of the family history files.

Sun is shining at the moment, but there are black clouds lurking.

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 10:40:04 AM »

1st job of the day, toprovide a new line. Only th sp has appointed it for a week before the new occupier is due to move in, underground feed and no capping on the out side for me to make sure the right number is going to the right property.  :(

Fortuanately the local warden could let me in, correct no. already to the correct socket and no problems.  ;D nice easy start to the day, makes up for the rain and drizzle.

Yorkie, good to keep that knee excercised but don't over do it, don't want to aggrivate any injury  ;)

As for the wooly hat, good idea, though the main problem was i was running behind and was trying to rush things, and I'lld thought I'd mention it as with this site lots of topics involve fiddling with electrical stuff. So easy to think, "Oh I'll just xy&z" without thinking half a mo what exactly am I about to do. (and thats after a whole days safety course last week  :no:)