Broadband Related > FTTP Rollout

cityfibre no longer planned at my address

(1/14) > >>

Chrysalis:
Checked https://bidb.uk/ and it was unplanned.

Then checked their own website and it says.

--- Quote ---Thanks for your interest, we haven’t planned your area at the moment.
To be the first to know when we are coming to your street and when you can access full fibre broadband, please sign up with us for updates.
--- End quote ---

I checked the nearest side street and its still planned.

Looks like they abandoning my street, maybe hit some snag, I did check 2-3 other properties on the road as well?  As far as i can go to the end of the road and its the same for all of them.

Also the other side of the park which was previously available has changed to unplanned.

Reformed:
An area changing from available to unplanned sounds glitchy.

Bowdon:
I don't know if its the same for the cityfibre people. But I've noticed OR jobs appear then disappear, and re-appear at a later date.

I've found cityfibre a bit of a let down when it comes to their plans. They had planned for Oldham to be in the planning stage yet nothing. They don't even have Manchester as a fibre city. I'm thinking that they are really behind schedule.

I hope they get back on track soon because more competition is better for us.

meritez:
Mine's changed from private road to unplanned.

Alex Atkin UK:
Its my understanding CityFibre pretty much say unplanned right up until its done.

For example OR just finished doing fibre across the road from me so I'd think there's a 99.9% chance CityFibre will do that bit too, but an address over there says the standard:

--- Quote ---Thanks for your interest, we haven’t planned your area at the moment.
--- End quote ---

I was also under the impression that CityFibre claimed they only did WHOLE cities.  Although I'm not sure if by that they mean every single property or just that they will roll out to all viable areas across the whole city.  It seems a pretty bold claim to say they only do entire cities when there has to be outliers somewhere.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version