Broadband Related > Router Monitoring Software

DSLStats on 64-bit Pi OS?

(1/3) > >>

anoggin:
Has anyone succeeded in running DSLStats on the 64-bit Raspberry Pi OS now that it is official?

I realise there is not likely to be a 64-bit recompile of DSLStats. I'm wondering whether one can install libraries on the OS to make the 32-bit version run. I've tried a few with no success.

Apologies for a question that may be more about Pi OS than about DSLStats.

meritez:
I see 6.5.9 has source code.

Is it an armv7 or armv8 64 bit build you require?

anoggin:

--- Quote from: meritez on February 18, 2022, 09:45:11 PM ---I see 6.5.9 has source code.

Is it an armv7 or armv8 64 bit build you require?

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the reply. Pi 4 Model B, so armv8 as I understand it.  I'm a Windows programmer but I lack the knowledge to compile on the Pi. 

tiffy:
Have had a play with 64b RPi OS (Bullseye) on my RPi-4B but have never had occasion to run DSLStats on this RPi or OS version.
As DSLStats runs perfectly on much lower spec RPi's, I used RPi-ZW's to monitor stat's on my son and daughters FTTC lines with VNC for remote access, directly powered from respective router USB sockets, I currently use a RPi-3B on my own FTTC line as I happen to have one spare.

However, I'am sure you have your reasons to try and run DSLStats on 64b RPi OS and apologies I can't offer any assistance on this.

I did experience an issue with RPi Bullseye OS (32b) running on RPi-4B on it's initial launch, very slow interface via VNC when running headless to Win 10 PC, there was a "temporary fix" available for this which worked.
https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?t=323294&sid=ee85cb4a5ce3b1d64f2bb6446970f8d8
Noted that the latest 64b RPi Bullseye does not require this "fix" with headless interface via VNC.

anoggin:

--- Quote from: tiffy on February 19, 2022, 11:52:26 AM ---As DSLStats runs perfectly on much lower spec RPi's, I used RPi-ZW's to monitor stat's on my son and daughters FTTC lines with VNC for remote access, directly powered from respective router USB sockets,
--- End quote ---

Interesting idea, a Zero powered from the router's USB socket. Thanks.

As for the Pi 4B and 64-bit OS, I may have to bite the bullet and learn the compiler.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version