Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: YouFibre FTTP  (Read 17108 times)

dee.jay

• Helpful
  • Reg Member
Re: YouFibre FTTP
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2023, 02:57:51 PM »

I suppose one benefit of at least having the AltNet in the town in the first place is that OR now have to get on with FTTP because they're going to lose all FTTC customers that can indeed get service from somewhere else..
AAISP 1000/115 FTTP routed by opnsense on proxmox. Even my WiFi is baller

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2023, 03:11:22 PM »

My exchange area is still not on the lists but is crawling with Openreach works.

The work starting shortly after CityFibre reached agreement with the local authority and Netomnia started building are purely coincidental, naturally.
YouFibre You8000 customer: symmetrical 8 Gbps.

Yes, more money than sense. Story of my life.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2023, 06:23:49 PM »

The work starting shortly after CityFibre reached agreement with the local authority and Netomnia started building are purely coincidental, naturally.

Wow, what a coincidence!  ::)
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

dee.jay

• Helpful
  • Reg Member
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2023, 06:36:24 PM »

Having seen no updates on TBB's map for NO for the past month, leads me to believe they've now finished whatever activity they were doing in Bridgend, can now see plenty of new spots over in Port Talbot, Neath and on the outskirts of Swansea though.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2023, 09:52:43 PM »

Netomnia had announced my exchange in January 2022 but that quickly disappeared off their rollout plan within a couple months of it being listed.

I sent an email to Netomnia at the time it was announced to find out if they were likely to cover my area and they replied that they were still at the surveying stage.
I emailed again when my town disappeared and they confirmed they no longer had plans.

I had a chat with someone from Netomnia early today and apparently they never did drop plans for my town. The local exchange doesn't have sufficient space to accommodate them so they are deploying from 2 other local exchanges instead (all Head-Ends). An exchange to the East and 1 to the West, with me roughly in the middle of the 2.

We have Virgin RFOG and Openreach FTTP so not exactly the worst served house but it would be nice to have an Alt-Net rollout, particularly 1 with a symmetrical option available.

Fingers crossed they do indeed rollout here and come to my street
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2023, 12:06:58 AM »

Makes sense, John. They host OLT, switches and router in the exchange. Far more reliable power than a streetside cabinet.

dee.jay

• Helpful
  • Reg Member
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2023, 08:38:03 AM »

Netomnia had announced my exchange in January 2022 but that quickly disappeared off their rollout plan within a couple months of it being listed.

I sent an email to Netomnia at the time it was announced to find out if they were likely to cover my area and they replied that they were still at the surveying stage.
I emailed again when my town disappeared and they confirmed they no longer had plans.

I had a chat with someone from Netomnia early today and apparently they never did drop plans for my town. The local exchange doesn't have sufficient space to accommodate them so they are deploying from 2 other local exchanges instead (all Head-Ends). An exchange to the East and 1 to the West, with me roughly in the middle of the 2.

We have Virgin RFOG and Openreach FTTP so not exactly the worst served house but it would be nice to have an Alt-Net rollout, particularly 1 with a symmetrical option available.

You already have FTTP so there's a good chance they will. The problem for those awaiting Netomnia is that even if they are in your town, you need to be in green OR PIA, and have a duct to your house (or poles, not sure if they deploy on poles actually). If one or the other of those is not true then you are SOL until they come back and spend money on digging up the rest.

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2023, 09:28:47 AM »

Netomnia deploy on poles. They also stand their own poles and, depending on the cost per premises passed, will dig to bypass non-existent or unusable sections of Openreach duct.

After earlier complaints I believe they do not stand poles in areas that didn't have them before though, and they do not build duct and tees to individual properties.

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2023, 07:32:47 AM »

Any you fibre fttp users about? Netomnia are building 1gb symmetrical fttp in our town q1 of 2022 which I found out very recently. They tell me my estate will be done (using existing ducts)...
The isp will be you fibre. Any one using them at the moment? - hope I can use my opnsense router...

Can't wait to get off my eci cab. Early Christmas present...roll on 2022 ;D

Just thought I would follow up my post as here we are  13 months after the advised go live date my street is finally live and ready for order...Shame I'm tied in zen or/fttp for another year as would like a symmetrical connection. Good job netomnia in getting services live and offering an alternative to OR.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 07:46:38 AM by skyeci »

dee.jay

• Helpful
  • Reg Member
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2023, 10:43:05 AM »

Netomnia deploy on poles. They also stand their own poles and, depending on the cost per premises passed, will dig to bypass non-existent or unusable sections of Openreach duct.

After earlier complaints I believe they do not stand poles in areas that didn't have them before though, and they do not build duct and tees to individual properties.

Have noticed various pole roadworks notifications on bidb in my town funnily enough.

Nothing near me yet - there’s no poles at all but maybe that’s a potential?

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2023, 05:29:03 PM »

Have noticed various pole roadworks notifications on bidb in my town funnily enough.

Nothing near me yet - there’s no poles at all but maybe that’s a potential?

Or a bad omen, depending on if you are in an area with people convinced a pole is going to reduce their house price.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

dee.jay

• Helpful
  • Reg Member
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2023, 07:13:32 PM »

Or a bad omen, depending on if you are in an area with people convinced a pole is going to reduce their house price.

I don't think so but there are zero poles up in the street - it may meet some resistance? Personally I don't care.

Dwight

• Reg Member
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2023, 09:49:15 PM »

Wrexham was also quoted as Jan2023. However it now seems very quiet, there's a lot of detritus hanging on poles and some have been connected. But little sign in my part of town on completion. OR total bypassed my flats and I now have 4 lots of fiber strung between two pole either side of my flat. So it might be a better thing to just wait and see what turns up!
Dwight.

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2023, 07:17:40 AM »

Do youfibre use a csp on the outside or terminate at the ont only? Any pics appreciated.

Thanks

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2023, 10:24:56 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8