Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

So Openreach have their new map, and my litttle patch is yellow, Saying April 22 to April 25. So my little quiz is this

April 22 first six months
- 0 (0%)
April 22 second six months
- 0 (0%)
Middel Years
- 3 (33.3%)
2nd to last six months
- 2 (22.2%)
Last six months
- 4 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: December 12, 2021, 08:28:37 PM

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: When and where!  (Read 7773 times)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: When and where!
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2022, 07:54:35 PM »

I'm going to gently suggest that @Dwight simply meant that the Openreach status checker was behind what Quinn have actually already achieved on behalf of OR in his area.

A good idea. I'll suggest that we don't have a falling out over an interpretation.  :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Dwight

• Reg Member
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2022, 09:31:59 PM »

I'm going to gently suggest that @Dwight simply meant that the Openreach status checker was behind what Quinn have actually already achieved on behalf of OR in his area.

Spot on! Quinn are the boots on the ground, they invoice Openreach who tick boxes on a spreadsheet!
But Or is my contact point not Quinn. So getting an Email from them saying "We are going to do it!" When I have spent 30 mins chatting with the guy from Quinn sitting in a hole splicing up fiber to the already installed medium. Is a bit behind the curve to me.
Thanks gt9sss2.
Dwight.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2022, 08:04:33 PM »

Ultimately does it matter though?  Until OR have commissioned the PON, you can't order it anyway.  The fibre can be in the ground/pole weeks or months before that happens.

The only time you will get accurate information from OR is if you go right to the CEOs office and get them to ask the manager for your area, who has better things to do than constantly report back saying "were currently doing x area" when its really not important until its actually gone live.

I absolutely understand feely antsy, worrying if you're going to be missed, if you're going to be at the end of the list, but I can also understand why OR have higher priorities than keeping up-to-date on what areas on being done right now.  The whole point of handing the job over to the sub-contractor to deal with is because you're too busy with other areas.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

RealAleMadrid

• Reg Member
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2022, 10:14:50 PM »

@Alex Atkin I totally agree with you. Openreach and their checker will announce when it is ready for orders. The fact that MJ Quinn are bustling around on the ground is not particularly relevant, there are many more areas of the build to complete that are not directly visible to end users such as the spine fibre links and head end exchange equipment. Until all the pieces are put together, which can take a substantial amount of time, FTTP will not be available.

Dwight

• Reg Member
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2022, 08:57:01 PM »

Well time for a fresh update, as there have been quite a few today.

1. TalkTalk are joining us in Wrexham. My thinking on this, is they probably have quiet a large customer base here.
https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2022/10/isp-freedom-fibre-extends-uk-fttp-broadband-rollout-to-wales.html

2.Telegraph poles are new showing two scarab beetles on them, where before there was only one. Not too sure where TT will put theirs. As things look quiet full with the copper still up there. My street is yet to be done but have notice indifference's in the surrounding streets.

3. Netomnia have updated the website rollout, and we are now told they are coming and we need to raise an enquiry with YouFibre. Also the same on Youfibre website.

and finaly

4. BIDB.uk also showes both Opeanreach and Youfibre as Planned.

So it's nice to see things moving a long.

Opeanreach wholesale on the other hand still show "The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme, WLR is currently available at the exchange, SOADSL is restricted at the exchange, FTTP is not available."

So yes it looks like all bets are off with the quiz, and It might be a nice Christmas present for Dwight.

All the best Dwight.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2022, 02:18:35 AM »

Opeanreach wholesale on the other hand still show "The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme, WLR is currently available at the exchange, SOADSL is restricted at the exchange, FTTP is not available."

I think mine still said that until it was live, even though I'm on a Fibre First exchange.  I think fibre priority refers only to exchanges where they are actually decommissioning the copper.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2022, 10:39:33 AM »

"Fibre Priority" exchanges are exchanges where Openreach Ultrafast is already available to over 75% of residents and copper broadband services are subject to a stop sell.

It has nothing to do with the exchange being fibre first or previously announced in a roll out, etc.

As for the other bits, i believe WLR is available everywhere excluding Mildenhall.
SOADSL is only for anyone with only ADSL available and without WLR available (VOIP over ADSL basically).
I don't think it has even been finalised as a product.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

Dwight

• Reg Member
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2022, 06:12:36 PM »

Upset doesn't cover it! >:( >:( :(  ;) ;)
The street is live, if you live in Beartie Road you can get fibre!
My flats are on Bertie road but with their own postcode!
My address is not live!
WHAT! >:(
Spotted today a connect on the pole down from my flats, so checked the postcode for the street!
Jammie dodgers!  ;) ;)
Come on Netomnia! Get your symmetrical service in! ;) ;) :) :)
Done some more digging and the pole above is not yet live, but the pole below is! Two streets across Smithfield road are live, and Smithfield itself is live. So I am thinking some form of issue has stop ours and the pole above from being activated.
Oh well!
Anybody needs me you'll have to ask the lady to connect you! (Think about it! ;) )

18/10 both poles now working on Wholesale tracker! But still nothing for little old me!

Blacksheep any chance you could check to see if any red flags for this area in Wrexham? Thanks.

25/10 new email from Opanreach, just reiterating that it is part of their build plans.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 09:28:42 PM by Dwight »

Dwight

• Reg Member
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2023, 08:34:12 PM »

Well you loose OR/PN! :P :P
Netomnia have loaded the poles with their gubbings and Youfibre :) are now doing pre-orders for their service. So looks like I will be going for a nice modern parity service.
As I have a fresh cheep PN and I don't want a big bill to cancel it, I will only be having 50:50 to start with. Then I will add Voip and increase the speed later.
Fingers crossed they do the connection bit soon!  :fingers: :fingers:
Regards.
Dwight
Pages: 1 2 [3]