Broadband Related > FTTP Rollout

FTTP - Speed Testing

<< < (3/5) > >>

Alex Atkin UK:

--- Quote from: Bestgear on October 11, 2021, 05:20:28 PM ---Need to try it when the kids (across the UK) go to sleep....

--- End quote ---

Fortunately Fortnite, COD and Roblox doesn't use a lot of bandwidth. ;)

Bestgear:

--- Quote from: burakkucat on October 11, 2021, 05:55:14 PM ---Perhaps try fast.com ?

--- End quote ---

Not great!

Bestgear:

--- Quote from: Alex Atkin UK on October 12, 2021, 12:31:42 AM ---Fortunately Fortnite, COD and Roblox doesn't use a lot of bandwidth. ;)

--- End quote ---

Aye, thats about the extent of it!

Bestgear:
Hi

I am seeing real speed variations in testing - including many well below the pitiful promise of 450Mb.....

Anyone know what the process is in respect of speed issues with BT/OR?

I guess I need to - firstly - put a homehub at the end of the fibre and retest using the myBT portal? Does that provide any direct speed test that excludes the inherent latency and capacity issues of using another public service? I kinds hoped it could test from my homhub to the exchange that would prove the link.

Thoughts?

d2d4j:
Hi

The only true way to test would be as suggested already, and test against a server you are in control off and which would give you an accurate ping (ping and jitter are calculated best guess as the test servers cannot ping directly to you)

You could download a 1GB non compressible file and time it to calculate

The BT HH speed test is your first picture, here is mine for comparison on hardwired to pc (FTTP 300/50) (FTTC 80/20 previously showed faster but computer appears to be faster on FTTP)

Looks low and untrue but picture 2 is taken from iphone on wireless...

BT always state you will not have a full 900mbps all the time, and it will vary... so what is not working on your network that you need full bandwidth - perhaps look at full leased line

Many thanks

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version