Computer Software > Windows 11

Windows 11 - anyone getting it?

<< < (3/8) > >>

maxheadroom:

--- Quote from: gt94sss2 on September 29, 2021, 07:13:33 PM ---Apparently you can use https://gist.github.com/AveYo/c74dc774a8fb81a332b5d65613187b15 to install Windows 11 bypassing the CPU and TPM checks.

--- End quote ---

I think someone here suggested the CPU list will change over time and ones listed as not compatible now will change.

Alex Atkin UK:

--- Quote from: maxheadroom on September 29, 2021, 07:31:29 PM ---I think someone here suggested the CPU list will change over time and ones listed as not compatible now will change.

--- End quote ---

They've said they will continue to review the list to decide if any more will be added, no guarantees.  Makes you wonder what the determining factor is in what qualifies a CPU.

jelv:
I have one laptop recently purchased that passes the compatibility check.

I also have a very near miss - a tablet that passes everything except the disk size (it only has 58GB).

neil:
I will stick with windows 10

tiffy:
Have noticed today that my Win 10 Pro PC's are now displaying a Win 11 incompatability warning on the Windows Update display window, not sure when this appeared but was certainly before a "Defination Update" carried out today.

Does not appear to be an obvious or easy way to remove this message, I have no wish to be blatently reminded of this already well documented MS anomaly and would prefer to have the message removed, I'am sure someone will discover a way to do so.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version