Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Friday Chat  (Read 9206 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Friday Chat
« on: August 08, 2008, 08:16:14 AM »

Morning everyone

Sun has come out this morning.....won't speak too soon though in case it disappears.  Not that it matters much to me today as it's hospital visit for OH and I have to take drive... can think of better things to be doing though...sigh. 

Have a good day everyone whatever you're doing.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: Friday Chat
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 12:52:37 PM »

Grey today, but no rain.
A distinct smell of autumn now, leaves are beginning to fall and I noticed today that the swallows seem to be gathering up for a hasty departure for the sun..........a bit early for them, but perhaps they are fed up with having winter in summer.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 12:56:52 PM »

Sun out too here today - finally.. although still the odd cloud.

Been up most of the night with chaz..  and I finally relented at about 6am to let him sleep in my room.

On the face of it it sounds hilarious..  but he had me really worried as he very suddenly lost the ability to walk properly.
Im having to carry him around because hes too dangerous to be let loose on his own, and has already had a couple of nasty tumbles down the stairs this morning when he does attempt to follow me.
- He always follows me whatever room I go in, kitchen, lounge, computer room and even loo.. or walking to the local shop.. The only room I dont let him in is the bedroom at night.

I put some food down for him this morning and he somersaulted (yes a full somersault head over heels) into the food bowl about half a dozen times, so Ive had to hand feed him.
and even take him to do his business and dig a little hole for him.  If he tries to stand up he just topples over or lurches straight over on to his side.

Been at the vets first thing with him and he's lost his sense of balance, so it looks like I have a few hard weeks ahead waiting on him until he recovers. 
Vet says its probably been caused by an ear infection which doesnt display symptoms at the time..  Then 2-3 weeks later it will hit the inner ear and suddenly it appears like they've had a stroke or are very very drunk. Takes about 6 weeks or so to get better.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 01:10:58 PM »

Sorry to hear the bad news kitz.
Hope everything goes well quickly.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 01:33:33 PM »

Sorry to hear about Chaz's problem.............hope the vet can sort him out ok.
If I remember, he is not in the first flush of youth ( Chaz, not the vet  ;D ) and older cats can be prone to ear problems.

Fingers crossed.

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 01:47:32 PM »

OMG I would have been in a total panic. You may have to resort to one of these.
http://images.skymall.com/images/products/a9/17/06/102213992x.jpg

In inherited my cat from my mother after she died in 2003 I think he's about 13 now. He is very loving and gentle, but it must be said he wasn't at the front of the queue when they were giving out brains, he is black but his under fur is silver and on a bad day it looks as if he has mange. I knew he wouldn't get rehomed  so here he is with me even though I swore I would never have another cat after loosing my own cat to cancer (I think I cried more over that cat than I did my divorce).

Sounds like you have some fun days ahead, might I suggest a litter tray, mine uses one all the time, well not all the time if you see what I mean.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 01:54:02 PM »

Yorkie, these look like instruments of torture for the poor beasts.

Look at the dog's expression...........quizzical and confused, but look at the cat..............have you ever seen a cat so unhappy?

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 02:11:42 PM »

They do look a bit Heath Robinson don't they. Most cats hate cat carriers and mines no exception, when I brough him home which was about five minutes ride in a car, he was hooting like an owl I have never seen a cat so distressed.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 02:19:48 PM »

Poor Chaz :(
  Eric

scottiesmum

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 03:48:12 PM »

:hug: :hug:  for Chaz  !

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 04:27:23 PM »

Sorry to hear about Chaz Kitz,   :(   we too have had pet problems.Blue was out yesterday when he stumbled.He hobbled back but last night he could not put his paw down.he usually sleeps on his blanket in our bedroom but as he could not make the stairs Sue slept downstairs with him last night.He is a bit more mobile today but still limping.I think he has either pulled a muscle or sprained something.Sue pressed all down his leg and it never bothered him so I think some TLC and rest until the soreness/stiffness wears off.He is 13 next month so I don't think the vet can do much.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 04:40:06 PM »

I am sorry to read that poor Blue has been in the wars and has a poorly leg.

As you say, a bit of tlc and a massage for his leg may do the trick.
Also maybe, a wee look round his paw to make sure he has nothing stuck between his pads and that there is no cut or other damage in there.

Give him a sausage from me, and a wee pat.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 04:47:58 PM by tuftedduck »

Accordion

• Reg Member
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 04:58:55 PM »

Sorry to hear about the cat-astrophies, hopefully both will recover soon.

Kitz - you'd best stop adding the tot of whisky to Chaz's milk.

Both of mine (cat & dog) are in fine fettle, but my back is giving me grief.
(All say 'aahh')

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 05:02:40 PM »

Kitz, good job it isn't near Christmas, or I'd be accusing you of letting them loose on the brandy butter again!!
Chris

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008, 05:21:02 PM »

@ TD,he's already had some sausage at breakfast time.  :D   Sue checked his paw/pads and she couldn't see anything.Sometimes they can get grass seeds wedged in there which can cause problems.
Pages: [1] 2