Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: sunday afternoon  (Read 4152 times)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
sunday afternoon
« on: August 10, 2008, 02:34:09 PM »

:)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: sunday afternoon
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 03:27:38 PM »

Unfortunately Chaz took a bit of a turn for the worse yesterday.   :'(
He went from having problems walking, to being unable to walk, sit up or do anything much other than lay on his side and drag himself around by his claws.

Yesterday was very hard work and I couldnt leave him alone for more than 2 mins.  In desperation I had to phone my parents to ask dad to do me a favour and run a chore for me. Mums opinion is that I should maybe look at having him put to sleep, but the thing is I know he isnt in pain, and all he wants is to be with me.
The vet says he will get through it, but it could  take a little while before I see an improvement.

Chris, or anyone else that knows me and Chaz, will be able to confirm that Chaz absolutely adores me.. far more than is "normal" cat behaviour.  - Yeah I know you probably won't believe that, but its how I managed to get him in the first place when he should have cost about £500 - which is a story for another time.

Yesterday was full of emotion and tears to see him like this...  but he loves me and I want to help him through this.  If I leave him alone he either miaows pitifully, when I approach him he reaches his paw out for me, then curls it round my finger and purrs, sticking his claws in ever so gently but in a way that seems to say dont leave me.
The time I left him alone to go to the bathroom, he attempted to drag himself up the stairs after me, then fell back down them and Im surprised he didnt break his neck.
So now I have to take him with me which ever room I go in.

Some may say I'm nuts, but I ended up following mums alternative to not having him put down, but sleep downstairs with him.  I'm determined to get him through this - it is hard work, but if Im not around much - you know why.

Although Im tired today, and my hands are sore from washing and cleaning etc, and I shed so many tears last night...  things do look a little brighter, he's able to sit up as long as Im around to steady him when he moves and he even managed a couple of steps with me supporting him.
Hopefully its the meds beginning to kick in - either that or he's adjusting a bit more... or a combo.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 03:42:30 PM »

:( Chin up Kitz,we are on the forum are all thinking about you ( and Chaz),just hang in there,like the vet says it will take a bit of time to see an improvemet.  :flower:

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 03:54:10 PM »

I'm so sorry to read that poor Chaz has regressed a little.
Sorry too, at the extra worry, work and emotional trauma that the situation is giving you.

Hopefully yhe vet has things well in hand and that a gradual improvement will soon start. In the meantime, carry on with the odd tickle behind the ears and a bit of TLC.

Thinking of you both. :flower:

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 04:38:34 PM »

I'm sorry to hear things went downhill, its worse with animals 'cos you cann't explain.

Have you considered one of those baby harness/slings, he sounds like a cat that wouldn't object, just for around the house you understand.

When I came down this morning my cat was sat in the dish drainer on the draining board, he's never done that before, but we are having a battle of wills at the moment over him jumping  up on the kitchen table. Looking back it was quite funny, as if he was saying look mum I'm not on the table, but I was annoyed at the time.

Hang in there, I was going to suggest a lead weight on one side to balance him up, but perhaps not.

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 05:11:37 PM »

Aww Kitz I'm so sorry to hear this, poor Chaz and poor you.... I know how you feel when you have an empathy with animals and how there is this bond, it must be tearing you apart to see him as he is.  I do so hope he pulls through this and the meds do their stuff, having had cats in the past I do know what it's like and with that special bond you have with Chaz it's even harder to watch and cope with.  Am keeping you both in my thoughts it's wonderful that your presence is keeping him going and that he KNOWS you are there for him.  Take care and hang on in there.

lots of hugs
Chrissie x
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

scottiesmum

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 05:31:22 PM »

Kitz,  you know Chaz better than anyone, and he knows that too; he also knows that you're  doing  what's best for him.  With the information you have from the vet, I would do EXACTLY what you're doing.  His paw is telling you "I'll be OK as long you're OK"    so keep your  chin up  .....  a big hug for you both....    :hug:  Kate

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 06:44:22 PM »

Thinking of you both :flower:
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 09:35:26 PM »

Update

He managed to eat his tea tonight without somersaulting or nose diving into the bowl.

ok -  I was there to keep him steady in case he toppled over...  but thats such a BIG improvement on the past 48 hours... and a hell of an achievement from yesterday.
I think the steroids are increasing his appetite which is making him want to eat too.  ;D
But actually wanting to eat himself to me is a very good sign :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 09:45:16 PM »

lol Yorkie

Yes chaz has done that too..  and its not something I like.   its "why the hell have you slept there when theres much comfier places you can sleep?".
I took to making sure that there was say at least a plate stuck in the plate rack for ages to try an deter him from it.

Thank you every one for your wishes..   he's still "hard work", but the very small improvements Ive seen tonight and this afternoon are encouraging.
The weirdest thing right now is that he's lifting his head to watch me as I do things...  but he's got a strange tilt to his head and it hangs sideways and his tongue sticks out  ???

-----

anything