Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Crazy fault lost 2/3 sync speed.  (Read 9271 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
Re: Crazy fault lost 2/3 sync speed.
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2021, 01:03:05 PM »

As far as I know the power is fixed now as the street light is working normally again, I have switched out the modem already on basic diagnostics, the noise is I think external somewhere, but I suspect not far from me.

I have accepted it for what it is now and just await until I move to a FTTP area or get FTTP here, the street light was reported for been a nuisance at night as it kept flashing, and was just hopeful it might have been the source of noise.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2022, 07:53:02 AM »

Well, had an outage in the early hours whilst watching F1 replay, I thought I would have a quick look at dslstats a few minutes before this post (I only realised was an outage as AAISP sent me a sms, the stream kind of just got buffery for about a minute), and noticed my SNRM jumped up and I am now hogging the 74mbit banding I caused when I set that very target SNR on the plusnet hub.

Looking back at my line history the FEC errors had a sudden drop of circa 3000 per 5 minutes to around 1-1000 per 5 minutes at about 6am on 9th July 2 days ago, not particularly low, and I have seen many people on this forum reporting been stuck on interleaving with those sort of numbers, however the outage today was me going back on fast path   If I can be bothered to ask for a reset the line should be capable of an 80meg sync again as the attainable is 83, but FTTP feels like its very close now and the line could swing back just as quick as it did 2 days ago so will probably leave it as is.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 08:06:35 AM by Chrysalis »

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2022, 08:28:27 AM »

Weird. A new one on me.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

anything