Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Here We Go  (Read 5749 times)

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
Re: Here We Go
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2008, 03:59:49 PM »

I'm with E:On which is apparently German owned, didn't know that just had to google.

Is there any energy company that is not foreign owned.

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2008, 04:03:53 PM »

What I cannot understand is the differences in price hikes.

EDF up 22% so why don't British Gas buy their gas off EDF and put the price up an extra 1%.

On the serious side, wonder how few customers BG will have in twelve months time. I should imagine their main customer base will be the elderly who think it will be complicated (or don't know what is involved) to change suppliers.
I am even doing switchovers for some of the older ones on the Park where we live who don't really know how little is involved in changing supplier and how much can be saved.

Please, you computer whizz-kids, if you have an elderly neighbour, offer to look into the savings that they may get by changing suppliers. They may decline the offer but you will feel great if you can save them a small wad of their pension.
dave

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2008, 05:11:08 PM »

I'm with E:On which is apparently German owned, didn't know that just had to google.

Is there any energy company that is not foreign owned.

Scottish & Southern Energy (who we've just left) are/were the only "UK-owned" consumer energy supplier which covers the whole of the UK (excepting NI). Iberdrola were after them though, which is actually a good thing IMHO.

We're now with Scottish Power who we fixed prices with until February 2011. Bizarrely their fixed price offer (long since withdrawn) was cheaper than S&SE's standard tariff  ???

Edit - Apparently Iberdrola bought Scottish Power (why for gods sakes?) and S&SE are now engaged in a takeover of Energia (Irish company).
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 05:13:15 PM by rizla »

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2008, 06:02:20 PM »

We are told to,use energy saving light bulbs,get better loft insulation,double glazing,cavity insulation,switch suppliers,turn down the thermostat slightly............I have got/done all that,what now?
If every domestic household switched from British Gas what implications would that have on them?
@ Dave M,like you say a lot of BG customers are pensioners who have been with them since Adam was a lad.They could save £100's if they switched and used the right payment method.

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2008, 06:34:54 PM »

Just clocked the news about 35%

Whos pime minister ? Gordon Mugabe ?

Broadband1

• Reg Member
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2008, 01:32:38 PM »

funny you say that Ezzer, The people who have gas in Zimbabwe pay on average %45 less
*prices calculated from bills of people I know in Zimbabwe*

Right then I'm off to Zimbabwe.  ;D

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2008, 01:34:35 PM »

funny you say that Ezzer, The people who have gas in Zimbabwe pay on average %45 less
*prices calculated from bills of people I know in Zimbabwe*

Right then I'm off to Zimbabwe.  ;D

What do they need gas for,they have nothing to cook.   :-X

Pwiggler

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2008, 03:35:14 PM »

i rang my gas and lekky suppliers eon 2 weeks ago and got a cap put on my charges, cost me £50 but looks like it'll save me a lot me.

i've banned the use of gas in our house.  the only gas appliance is the boiler and its not a combi, so showers instead of baths and boil a kettle for the washig up pots.

Paul

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2008, 12:56:26 AM »

:'(
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2008, 07:24:47 AM »

i rang my gas and lekky suppliers eon 2 weeks ago and got a cap put on my charges, cost me £50 but looks like it'll save me a lot me.

i've banned the use of gas in our house.  the only gas appliance is the boiler and its not a combi, so showers instead of baths and boil a kettle for the washig up pots.

Quote from a song in 'The Muppets Christmas Carol'

Here comes mr humbug,here comes mr mean   :lol:

Pwiggler

• Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2008, 07:36:48 AM »

wait till i ban the lekky as well !!!!!    :o
Paul
Pages: 1 [2]

anything