Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Access Zyxel Behind Netgear AP  (Read 1852 times)

zvirus

Re: Access Zyxel Behind Netgear AP
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2020, 11:58:43 AM »

Static IP - never got it work - tested million times
PPPoe
PPTP
LT2P
Virgin M200 200/20

With QoS turned ON...

mrk26

• Reg Member
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2020, 12:00:26 PM »

Choose PPoE and show other screenshot.

zvirus

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2020, 12:02:19 PM »

Choose PPoE and show other screenshot.

It will ask me for user name and password...

I dont need that with TalkTalk...
Virgin M200 200/20

With QoS turned ON...

mrk26

• Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2020, 12:05:26 PM »

That's fine, but also there are different options which are in instructions. If you setup modem in bridge, authentication going from router. If there is no user name and password required leave it empty, and see if you can setup other options as per instruction.

zvirus

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2020, 12:17:02 PM »

THANK YOU!

I`ll try it...

Cheers!
Virgin M200 200/20

With QoS turned ON...

mrk26

• Reg Member
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2020, 12:44:46 PM »

Also believe that you should setup VLAN id in modem so router don't have to do it.

hushcoden

• Reg Member
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2020, 11:03:24 PM »

I used an Asus router a while ago connected to a VMG1312-B10A in bridge mode and I was able to configure it following the guide here: https://kitz.co.uk/routers/zyxel_VMG8324-B10A_bridge.htm

So, in your case you must be doing something 'different' if you cannot make it work...

Besides, while playing around with the Asus router with Merlin firmware, I found out that for 1-cable solution all I needed was to add a script named wan-start to /jffs/scripts folder as follow (no iptables required):
Code: [Select]
#!/bin/sh
sleep 20s
ifconfig $(nvram get wan0_ifname):0 192.168.2.2 netmask 255.255.255.0

and 192.168.2.1 was my modem IP address

Cheers.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 01:19:20 PM by hushcoden »

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2020, 12:57:53 AM »

@zvirus well done, good for you. I had a nightmare job working out what I was supposed to be doing trying to get stats from my ZyXEL VMG 1312-B10A modems (in modem-only mode), four of them [!] connected to my Firebrick FB2700 router. The router was unsurprisingly not copying stats info packets through from the admin interfaces of my modems to the the main LAN so I could access them and vice versa. Another problem which I never solved was that the modems’ admin interfaces were not fully configured properly for IPv4 in that the config could set up an IPv4 address for the admin i/f and could define a netmask but could not as far as I could see define a default gateway. The breakthrough in my case was the idea of getting the router to rewrite the IPv4 headers of packets intended for the modem so that the source address was something that referred to something chosen to refer to the router itself (not the original source address, ie. the sending machine in the main LAN, as that was too hard for the ill-configured modem to cope with); this was a source address that was such that when a packet was replied to, the return packet would have a destination address within that link’s address range according to the netmask and would not require lookup of an in this case non-existent default gateway to route the packet off the link. A modem’s admin i/f is at 192.168.n.1 where n is 1,2,3,4 according to which modem it is, and the router’s modem-facing i/f address on that link is 192.168.n.254. The router forcibly rewrote the IPv4 headers by using rewriting firewall rules combined with NAT so as to be able to remember the redirection required for the returning packet.
Pages: 1 [2]