Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: New DLM intervention criteria?  (Read 881 times)

ktz392837

• Reg Member
New DLM intervention criteria?
« on: March 03, 2020, 11:03:48 AM »

Over the past few months I have been experiencing what appears to be a change in DLM intervention criteria.

I am on an ECI cabinet so (currently) without Ginp and 3db support.

I had a reset overnight with interleave applied.  My stats for the last 24 hours are 375 ES, 175 SES and no other resyncs apart from the one applying the interleaving.

I am not sure if the limit of 2880 ES per day stat is still correct but with only 375 ES I am well below that level.  There was a spike of 230 ES in one hour period (with a 50 ES/hour spike either side).  My usual ES level is 2 or 3 an hour.

Usually I may get the maximum of 1 or 2 SES a day not unusual to get 0.  I had a day where I had a few spikes of 5 SES a few times a couple of days ago.

Yesterdays within an hour period I had many SES spiking at 8 per minute and corresponding to the large ES "hour". 

These ES/SES however were not enough to cause an immediate intervention/resync.

Anyone have any thoughts on whether SES are now having an impact on intervention or is it the single large ES in an hour period that has caused the DLM intervention?

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 11:06:55 AM by ktz392837 »

mrk26

• Reg Member
Re: New DLM intervention criteria?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 01:03:42 PM »

I'm getting per day: 106 ES, 2K FEC, 136 CRC on downstream no SES errors at all.
What modem you using now? I'm on eci cabinet as well.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 02:54:54 PM »

I suspect it may be something to do with the new temporal DLM which is currently on trial.
Out of interest did you have a spike during a certain time of day, and if so what time.

I managed to get hold of the DLM stat records for my line and tested my records against theirs which were pretty close bar the odd err sec or 2.   (details in other threads), so they do appear to be using the same MBTE and only ErrSecs.    Difference with the temporal trial is that it may only be including errors during certain times of the day,  which could be disadvantageous for those lines which have one off daily spikes but be ok for the rest of the day.
Whilst the MTBE params may still be the same... if DLM is only monitoring over a shorter period, then this will have an overall effect of bringing down the no of errors that it takes before DLM will take action.

https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,24403.msg410744/topicseen.html#msg410744   

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

mrk26

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 03:18:50 PM »

Maybe some additional "exercises" before g.inp trial?

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 03:35:11 PM »

I am paying a closer eye on things to see if there is a pattern but so far iirc it seems to be mid-late afternoon when the large SES/ES spikes occur.

Not sure but I am sure I have read (gea report?) that it thinks there is a chance of interference around a similar time so I wonder if they are using this information and limiting DLM monitoring?

I seem to manage 14 days or so not interleaved running with virtually no ES/SES, I get an hour or so of spikes then I am interleaved which takes 14-21 days to get removed. 

Hopefully Ginp will help it wouldn't be so bad if the interleaved was so quick to disable as it is to get enabled.  Seems very disproportionate.

I am using a VMG1312-B10A+Router (previously VMG8324-B10A combined) which have always performed well for my line and still do apart from an hour every 14 days or so.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 03:39:50 PM by ktz392837 »

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2020, 05:08:25 PM »

My line on an ECI cabinet is running interleaved and has been for ages even before someone (DLM?) removed my cap. Its now been up 60 days continuously with some 35-45 ES per day down and around 40-50 ES per day up. Many of the up ES are in spikes of around 8-12 which happen at random times during the 24 hours. My line syncs at 64036kbps down, interleave is 1243/1 with a current SNRM down of 5.1, starts at 6 on initial sync and drops slowly over time. Just wish I could get rid of interleaving. I just dont understand what DLM is doing, I was capped for literally years at 59995kbps and all of a sudden it gets removed one day when before BTOR could not explain why I was capped and they did force it to be removed and DLM slapped it back on within 24 hours.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

mrk26

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2020, 06:49:41 PM »

From my personal experience I know that if I don't put cap on my line (when interleaved) nothing will change, longest I was waiting was 15 days with low amount of errors. Even recently (two weeks ago) my line was interleaved when I swapped modems. I was waiting for five days and nothing happened. Decide to put "the beast"  :cool: (zyxel VMG1312-B10A) on my line. With light cap on upstream and downstream after three days fastpath on upstream, another three days and fastpath on downstream and that was best record for my line. Once I back on fastpatch swapped modems and still on fastpath till today (about week now).