Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: poor isp high rating  (Read 2006 times)

Dont Panic

• Just arrived
poor isp high rating
« on: July 09, 2008, 10:10:58 AM »

i rated my isp and noticed that bulldog was high up the list for isp,s to go to for broadband

Then i noticed that they only had 4 ratings

This misleads people and points them to join a poor performing ISP in this case  tiscali

tiscali are a firm not to be trusted for broadband or customer support

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: poor isp high rating
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 10:23:01 AM »

The general point about the number of ratings is true, but the summary page spells it out clearly enough. I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean about Tiscali, because they are way down near the bottom of the list (deservedly).
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: poor isp high rating
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 01:37:00 PM »

Ahh I think I know what you mean.

Bulldog at one point was considered a fairly decent dsl provider when they went LLU and had some good speeds.
At one time they provided as their own LLU and also using a mix of IPStream and going back futher datastream.
Those users on Bulldog LLU seemed to love their connection and speeds they were getting. 

However Bulldog was bought out by Pipex, who in turn were bought out by Tiscali..  so its easy to guess what has now happened to those customers who were on the IPStream products.  :'(
IIRC unless youre on one of their LLU exchanges, then they no-longer sell Bulldog broadband, and instead you are now diverted to Tiscali signup pages.

However, this month (July), they are in the process of migrating _all_ accounts to "Pipex Systems"..  so that could well have an effect on what Bulldog users get from their account.... and a few more grumbles about Bulldog than normal may start to appear by the end of this month. :/

DontPanic - would you like to do me a favour please, if you have access to the Bulldog forums, would you be so kind as to post a link to  "rate my ISP".   That way its more likely to give a more accurate reflection of the changes that are occurring this month.

TIA.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker