Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Weekend chat  (Read 2745 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Weekend chat
« on: July 12, 2008, 07:49:09 AM »

Morning everyone,

Sun here at the moment so maybe it will stay a little longer than it did yesterday! 

Sorry to hear about Kimi yesterday Kitz, I hope she's feeling much better today and that they have found out exactly what's wrong - hope you caught up on your sleep too (know what that's like tho' I never catch up... :()

Hope you all have a good Saturday whatever you have planned.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

toulouse

• Reg Member
  • I like cheesecake !!!
Re: Weekend chat
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 08:09:32 AM »

morning all,

grey and pretty bleak here in Zummerset. I think rain is forecast for later. Now, there's a change  ;)
Utility Warehouse (via TalkTalk)
FTTC 40/10
ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A
ECI (approx 750 metres)

People tell me that I ought to get out more. But in the words of the great Homer J Simpson, "Yeah, but what ya gonna do ?"

Accordion

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 08:19:37 PM »

I've been far too busy to notice the weather. Making shelving between the rafters in the loft and moving contents of the loft from one side to the other has kept me amused all day.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 10:06:33 PM »

>> Sorry to hear about Kimi yesterday Kitz,

Thanks chrissie, yep she seems much better now, she says its more of a niggle now like bruising.
She had an ultrasound scan and they still suspect it may have been her appendix... particularly since there was a similar incident a few months back, just not as bad. 
I dont know if this is true or not but they say the only way they will know for sure if is... is by removing it?

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 10:09:48 PM »

My brother had bouts of tummy trouble for years until they finally decided to take his appendix out (just as he was doing his finals!), and he's been as fit as a fiddle ever since.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 12:30:31 AM »

I find that having a 'bio yogurt' each day helps my stomach no end  ;)
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 07:22:10 AM »

Sunday, the sun is shining again but not holding my breath as it was like that yesterday then clouded over!

Hope you all have a good day whatever you're doing..... good to hear Kimi is feeling better Kitz, hope it stays that way. 

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

toulouse

• Reg Member
  • I like cheesecake !!!
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 07:45:10 AM »

Sunday in Zummerset is bright and sunny. Just dropped the GF off at work, and she's left me a list of chores to do.

Hope you all have a nice day

TTFN

Utility Warehouse (via TalkTalk)
FTTC 40/10
ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A
ECI (approx 750 metres)

People tell me that I ought to get out more. But in the words of the great Homer J Simpson, "Yeah, but what ya gonna do ?"

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 08:35:13 AM »

She had an ultrasound scan and they still suspect it may have been her appendix... particularly since there was a similar incident a few months back, just not as bad. 
I dont know if this is true or not but they say the only way they will know for sure if is... is by removing it?

Sounds identical to a guy I once worked with and they said much the same to him about the only way to be sure.....

Given that nobody actually knows the current function of the appendix in humans then I think probably the only way they can tell is to look at it and see if it looks inflamed.

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 12:27:47 PM »

If it is the appendix, sounds like a grumbling one, best have it out I say, while you're still young and can bounce back from the op.

I thought I had one about twelve years ago, it was so bad that my mother got a doctor to do a home visit to my house. He thought it wasn't, wrong age he said. I had a couple of more flair ups but touch wood nothing since. I wouldn't wish that pain on anyone.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 03:49:59 PM »

Yes I think the term grumbling appendix was used..  they said that if it happens again then they will remove it.
Cause the worst of the pain died down by the afternoon.. and because Kimi then didnt want to stay in any longer (she had something on this weekend! ) they let her go home.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2008, 04:41:25 PM »

Daughters eh?
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

anything