Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Entanet Re-Sellers  (Read 2697 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Entanet Re-Sellers
« on: June 12, 2008, 09:20:08 AM »

Am I right in thinking that Entanet has a list of ISP's under its wing.Do all these re sellers have to operate under Entanet guidelines.One of these companies ADSL24 has caught my attention.The ratings in the Kitz ISP section are nearly all excellent(only 2 bad ratings out of 94)I have looked on their web site and I must say it all looks very polished,I like the 'control panel'.It is a little more than I pay at present.The package for me would be £19.99.Does anyone on here use ADSL24/have any comments which might help me.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Entanet Re-Sellers
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 09:39:44 AM »

I migrated to ADSL24 just a short while ago and I haven't regretted it. As far as I understand it, all the Entanet resellers are the same technically and in terms of price, and only differ in customer service. ADSL24 seem to be open and helpful in that respect, and I really have no criticisms.
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 09:55:20 AM »

Thanks Eric,I have just emailed them with a few queries.I think sometimes how fast you get a reply gives you a measure of the company.

DEADLY-TDG-

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 01:13:17 AM »

Aquiss is a entanet resseller, and multiplay are aswell i think, i'm currently having problems at min though. I'll let you know more when i find out a direct cause.  ;)

Quinnbeast

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 08:48:36 PM »

I've been with ADSL24 for a year now and they're hard to fault.

They use as standard pricing policy as do many of the resellers, and although not the cheapest, you get plenty in return.

The control panels lets you do various things: you can see your approx distance from your exchange, change to a different plan/service, switch interleaving on and off, and view a detailed bandwidth usage report (so you don’t plough through your cap). When ordering, you can have up to 8 static IPs for free.

You can view and adjust a wealth of mail and hosting settings through your account login page. Forums, ticket system, e-mail and 24/7 phone number leaves you with no shortage of ways to contact them.

I’ve recently signed up to the ADSL24 forums, which is frequented by at least two of the support bods. The community is fairly small as you’d expect from a small ISP, but it has so far been a useful point of contact for some ISP specific chat.

I’ve never had any sort of lengthy downtime that I can recall. They generally get a bit of slowdown at 10pm when the off-peak bandwidth kicks in, but it’s never less than useable. For gaming, I’ve seen my ping down to the 18-25ms mark on a good Day of Defeat server (never higher than about 55ms on a really crap server).

A quick run through the thinkbroadband speed test gives me (on the up-to 8mb 30/300gb service):

Seed down 6337.79 Kbps ( 6.2 Mbps ) Speed Up 374.23 Kbps ( 0.4 Mbps )

… and that’s far from optimal settings on my end.

Overall: They seem like an honest bunch, and they're generally transparent with how they run their show: something that appeals to me. On the few times I've needed any custy support, they've been helpful. Occasional evening and weekend slowdown is a minor annoyance, but since I've only used two different ISPs in the last 3 years, I'm not sure what constitutes normal when it comes to peak/busy times.

Edit: Oh, and post number one from me. Hello all!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 10:26:23 PM by Quinnbeast »

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 07:12:40 AM »

Thanks for that Quinnbeast,  ;) and welcome to the forum  :)