Computer Software > Windows 7

Strange happening on my W7 system today

<< < (3/8) > >>

broadstairs:
I've tried everything mentioned here but actually talking to a person which I guess is the next thing. Sadly I suspect some how my key has been cloned as it has worked OK for the past couple of years. As for not updating it has never been an issue as it is never used for accessing the net or web browsing, it runs 3 applications one of which ftp's to my web site and one which downloads data from specific sites for weather data, but it's pure data.

I did look to see if I could purchase a new key for W7 from Microsoft but they only want to sell a W 10 key which I will never use as W7 is perfect for my needs.

Stuart

roseway:
There are plenty of places selling them, and claiming that they are genuine legal product keys.

Chrysalis:
There is a problem right now causing windows 10 to deactivate, but I have not heard of it affecting windows 7, seems very strange, and I will take your word for it that it is a legit license.

chenks:

--- Quote from: broadstairs on November 17, 2018, 04:26:25 PM ---I've tried everything mentioned here but actually talking to a person which I guess is the next thing. Sadly I suspect some how my key has been cloned as it has worked OK for the past couple of years. As for not updating it has never been an issue as it is never used for accessing the net or web browsing, it runs 3 applications one of which ftp's to my web site and one which downloads data from specific sites for weather data, but it's pure data.

I did look to see if I could purchase a new key for W7 from Microsoft but they only want to sell a W 10 key which I will never use as W7 is perfect for my needs.

Stuart

--- End quote ---

But it is accessing the internet, and not having it up to date is foolhardy.

Also it needs internet access to activate

pooclah:

--- Quote from: broadstairs on November 17, 2018, 04:26:25 PM ---I've tried everything mentioned here but actually talking to a person which I guess is the next thing.....

--- End quote ---

Didn't the telephone activation work?  I'm not sure if it's one of those type of calls where if you don't press anything you get to talk to a person.

Kevin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version