Broadband Related > Broadband Technology

10-day stabilisation period.

<< < (5/5)

Kamil:

--- Quote from: NewtronStar on June 26, 2012, 09:22:08 PM ---I was under the illusion the BT 10 days trial was a myth as the DLM kicks in on the second day of installation be it ADSL Max or VDSL2 the Members on BT Community Forums Laugh about but still to humour BT they say wait until 10 days  :D

--- End quote ---

DLM should start immediately after activation. After the ten day period MSR is set and this is the only difference to normal DLM proceedings. This is as I can understand it by the way ;)

Cheers Kamil

NewtronStar:

--- Quote from: Kamil on February 22, 2014, 08:40:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: NewtronStar on June 26, 2012, 09:22:08 PM ---I was under the illusion the BT 10 days trial was a myth as the DLM kicks in on the second day of installation be it ADSL Max or VDSL2 the Members on BT Community Forums Laugh about but still to humour BT they say wait until 10 days  :D

--- End quote ---

DLM should start immediately after activation. After the ten day period MSR is set and this is the only difference to normal DLM proceedings. This is as I can understand it by the way ;)

Cheers Kamil

--- End quote ---

Yes the DLM is activated immediately in a wide open state for two days then the DLM starts to apply it's management rules to how the EU line is performing, the 10 day wait is the minimum time before Openreach will investigate a possible issue on a new FTTC install. 

Kamil:

--- Quote from: NewtronStar on February 22, 2014, 08:59:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: Kamil on February 22, 2014, 08:40:48 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Cheers Kamil

--- End quote ---

Yes the DLM is activated immediately in a wide open state for two days then the DLM starts to apply it's management rules to how the EU line is performing, the 10 day wait is the minimum time before Openreach will investigate a possible issue on a new FTTC install.

--- End quote ---

So it looks like FTTC is similar to adslmax as only after the ten day period MSR is set and based on that thereafter BT will accept whether there is a fault at all... With adsl max it is 30% drop from MSR set after the ten days. Is it the same with fibre? :)

Cheers Kamil

NewtronStar:

--- Quote from: Kamil on February 22, 2014, 09:11:58 PM ---
So it looks like FTTC is similar to adslmax as only after the ten day period MSR is set and based on that thereafter BT will accept whether there is a fault at all... With adsl max it is 30% drop from MSR set after the ten days. Is it the same with fibre? :)

Cheers Kamil

--- End quote ---

With FFTC we have what's called the Range A & B and if the throughput speed falls below the availability checker then I am sure and investigation will be made by Openreach, you could try the availability checker http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ I know the Kitz forum has a link but can't find it  :blush:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version