Broadband Related > ADSL Issues

strange going's on

<< < (3/4) > >>

burakkucat:
I would be more inclined to set the modem/router to use ADSL2 (ITU-T G.992.3) rather than ADSL2+ (ITU-T G.992.5). It would certainly be worthwhile not continuing to use G.DMT, a.k.a. ADSL (ITU-T G.992.1).

noddy:

--- Quote from: burakkucat on October 14, 2018, 04:49:29 PM ---I would be more inclined to set the modem/router to use ADSL2 (ITU-T G.992.3) rather than ADSL2+ (ITU-T G.992.5). It would certainly be worthwhile not continuing to use G.DMT, a.k.a. ADSL (ITU-T G.992.1).

--- End quote ---
cheers I had it set to just G.DMT and ADSL2 in case it ever came available so I'll leave it be for now :)

noddy:
could I also ask is it usual for up SNR ( 6 ) to be lower than  down ( 9 ) ? before this change it's always been the other way

burakkucat:
The default target SNR margin would be 6 dB. That you have the device currently synchronised with the DS showing a SNRM of 9 dB would suggested that a controlled resynchronisation may now be appropriate. Most likely there was some external interference present, depressing the SNRM, at the time of the previous resynchronisation. 

Look at the SNR margins as soon as is possible after the resynchronisation event . . . what you see should be very close to the configured target.

ejs:
I was assuming that the target DS SNRM is 9, it will have inherited the target from when the line was on 20CN.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version