Broadband Related > FTTC and FTTP Issues

Crosstalk impact on DSLStats Graphs

<< < (2/3) > >>

konrado5:
Thank you very much. I don't understand results.

--- Code: ---DEBUG 1: data_file is /mnt/dane/Statystyki ADSL/qlndiagmodewithoutmask3.txt
DEBUG 2: feof(dfp) returns false
DEBUG 3: Tone number      QLN
DEBUG 4: sigma is -60890.5000, total number of sub-carriers is 512
DEBUG 5: sigma / subcarrier_count is -118.9268
-118 dBm/Hz per sub-carrier
--- End code ---

konrado5:
I undersant. It merely calculates average noise. I've thought it says if noise is crosstalk or rather RFI.

burakkucat:
Don't use the -d (the debug) flag.

The output is telling you that for your circuit, the average noise-floor is -118 dBm/Hz per sub-carrier. Should it change from that value, a more positive result (say -110 dBm/Hz per sub-carrier) indicates that the circuit has become noisier, a more negative result (say -120 dBm/Hz per sub-carrier) indicates the the circuit has become quieter. It is not a precise measurement, just a useful guide.

At the beginning of this month, the average noise-floor was determined to be -129 dBm/Hz per sub-carrier. A moment ago it was determined to be -128 dBm/Hz per sub-carrier. I.e. a little bit noisier. I am not concerned by that change, it is quite normal.

As a point of reference, the noise floor for a basic telephony circuit (i.e. that over which we have an xDSL service operating) is -140 dBm/Hz.

boost:
I wouldn't mind having a squint at this anf utility, too, pls :)

burakkucat:

--- Quote from: boost on July 22, 2018, 01:14:11 PM ---I wouldn't mind having a squint at this anf utility, too, pls :)

--- End quote ---

You have a PM.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version