Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Wednesday Chat  (Read 8110 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Wednesday Chat
« on: May 28, 2008, 10:08:20 AM »

Morning all,

We actually had a storm in the middle of the night... a rare occurrence in these ere parts... and as if I don't get enough sleep the ruddy thing woke me up and I ended up having only 2 hours sleep (scream).

Hope you all have a good day whatever you're going to be doing and I hope the weather brightens up where you are.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

Pwiggler

• Kitizen
Re: Wednesday Chat
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 11:44:56 AM »

gawd .... i dont know how you cope with such little sleep  :o

just checked the weather for derby for the next few day and its rain rain rain  :(   so it looks like i'm stuck in with the kids again. 

hmmm  ... might take em swimming.

my 'show unread message since last visit' button has packed up ... doesnt show any messages at all  :(

thats 2 sad smileys and its only 11:45
Paul

fudgem

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 12:23:51 PM »

No sun but the rain has stopped and the wind has died down, might even be summer ;D

I've got a pile of ironing to while away the afternoon, I always put my old music on when I'm doing it, Buddy Holly and Elvis :D

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 12:40:24 PM »

I'm a member of 'the little sleep brigade'.Usually wake up at least twice.Always up just turned 6.Been bouncing down here but brightening up now and quite warm,must check on those slugs!!
Just ordered a couple of camping items from Go Outdoors,used their 'price match' and save £9.
Hope everyones having a good day. :)

scottiesmum

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 04:21:40 PM »

We are having a 'monsoon period' at the moment; the last 2/3 days have given us rainfalls, the like we've not had before at this time of year, if at any time of year .....  it's HOT (low 80's)  and we are having some terrific thunderstorms  :o   we have a special collar from the vet for Scotty as he's petrified of thunder...although there's been a bit of a tussle about who should wear it, me or him  !!!!    :o  :lol:   ....  in between downpours today I've managed to  collect some raspberries, courtesy of one of our near neighbours ...so think it's raspberry shortcake for afters tonight ....the flowers have taken a bit of  a battering, but no doubt mother nature will bounce back ..........it all started when we had  UK visitors arrive at the weekend  !!!!!  they have now moved on to Spain and I'm hoping the rain will too  ..... >:D   8) 8)   

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 04:38:41 PM »

>>> it all started when we had  UK visitors arrive at the weekend

Darn it, you detected our plot. ;D
  Eric

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 04:41:43 PM »

Grey and drizzly here, with the cloud sitting down on the hill tops. No wind and very mild.
We need some sustained soft rain, TD's grass is going brown round the edges  :no:
Unfortunately, the same rain is knocking a lot of the honeysuckle bloom down  :(

Hope that rain doesn't go too far into Spain, TD has a wee hidey-hole there and hopes to visit there soon.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 04:55:21 PM by tuftedduck »

scottiesmum

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 04:45:37 PM »

We are having a HUMDINGER at the moment   ... and, Yes, Eric I  suspected it was you   !!! :lol: :lol:    think I'd better switch off  !!!!!!  byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 05:41:53 PM »

Hope that rain doesn't go too far into Spain, TD has a wee hidey-hole there and hopes to visit there soon.

H'mm,  :hmm: Anything to avoid the NC.
I'm sure they have an extradiction treaty over there. :D

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 05:52:52 PM »

H'mm,  :hmm: Anything to avoid the NC.
I'm sure they have an extradiction treaty over there. :D

There's no danger of my being sent to the NC, unkyUb..................I'm far too good for that.  :angel:
Please consider it your own special domain.  :lol:

scottiesmum

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 06:03:02 PM »

My goodness ....  it has just passed over now and the electricity is back on ...  candlelit dinner cancelled  :D   or  perhaps not   :love:  ;D   Absolute DRENCHING  .... and the noise  .. !!! :-\ :'( :-X    Scotty has just emerged from under the bed   !   well I won't need to water the pots  - again !! ....  off to sort the raspberries !    :)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 10:56:10 PM »

I spent most of the day out in the rain constructing a large rockery next to the path that leads to our front door.
I used some off the massif rocks from the old wall I took down (must be about 1cwt each ).
I wanted to get it planted up before my wife came home from work, so I stuck at it though the heavy rain  :rain: we had and was quite proud of the rockery..
Wife came home said nothing  :(   an hour later I asked her if she like the new rockery, what new rockery she said. >:(  :cry2:
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 06:00:51 AM »

I remember Ronnie Biggs saying something on them lines. :D

scottiesmum

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 09:46:43 AM »

:lol: :lol:  I've alerted Interpol Unc ! 

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008, 09:47:57 AM »

:lol: :lol:  I've alerted Interpol Unc ! 

:'( :'( :'(

TD flees.
Pages: [1] 2 3

anything